nonresident points to draw 12aw late

DidIDraw

I'm trying to reconcile two pieces of information. The huntin fool mag says that all of the non-resident permits last year were issued to those with at least 13 points. Hunters trail head shows that only 38 percent of non-residents with 15 points drew. The huntin fool information would indicate that everyone with 14 or more points drew and at least some with 13 points. There shouldn't have been any non-resident tags after the bonus tag run right?

20% of the tags go to the max points round. If residents draw enough to keep the nonresidents from taking half of the 20%, or 10% of the total, there will be nonresident tags that go to the second stage. There are not any hard rules, but the more weighted past 50% nonresident the top pools are, the less likely it is. Maybe only one nonresident tag escaped the max points round and it just so happened a 13 point person got it. It is not impossible that all the statements are true.

It is also possible a nonresident with 13 points drew who possessed an Arizona Lifetime Hunting License after having been a resident of Arizona. They will show up as a nonresident draw (and do pay nonresident permit fees) but are not subject to the 10% cap.

Anyone know when they post the 2014 draw stats?

Member RMEF, Pope & Young Club, NRA, UWC & DP Hate Club

Not sure how much faith I now put in HF with regard to your info above. I drew a NR antelope tag with 7 pts last year & HF had comments "no NR drew".

For what it's worth.

I noticed HF recommended hunting a mountain that's in Nevada Unit 071 for the Unit 072 tag information. That definitely made me question their information.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom