North Idaho early rifle tag...looking for help.

kurtski25

I was lucky enough to draw the early rifle tag in North Idaho this year. I live here and I know the past few winters have been brutal on the deer and elk herds in the area.
I have spent some time scouting south of Pinehurst in the Twin Crags and Lemonade Peak areas, but I didn't see a thing. The snow levels are still pretty high, so it could be the critters just haven't made it up that high yet.
I also have hunted the Selkirks (last year) just north of Priest Lake, but with the past few winters they've had there, I just don't think many deer have survived up that way.
I'm thinking of the Scotchman Peaks area, but haven't heard much about it.
I guess I feel like I'm a little bit at a loss as to where else to keep looking.
I'm looking for any help. I was going to concentrate more on mulies, but I'm even thinking about a whitetail now adays.
If anyone wants to share any info I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Kurtski

lemonade then head out toward mastadon.mastadon has always been a mulie sleeper. raven creek draw on the debbit basin road. the breaks of fishhook between lick crk. and outlaw..out in the big cuts on the west side.
blackjack peak on the idaho/mont. border up gold crk. toward the end of the joe, then out heller crk...mess of them out there.
priest: tarlac crk. and back side of shweitzer..seen some nice ones up copper creek on idaho/canada border also.

that would keep ya busy

down on the joe, seem to see alot of mulies down low during the summer, and whiteys up high..wouldnt get to discouraged. they are around..

Hey Madmoose, I really appreciate it. Sometime if you're interested in hunting WY you just PM me. I was a biologist down that way and I'll put you onto some nice hunting that way for either elk, antelope or mulies.
I'll also let you know how I did. I hope to get down there in a couple of weeks to scout it out.
Kurtski

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom