Nosler bullet question

Whiterock

Very Active Member
Can anyone tell me what the difference in the Nosler Ballistic tip and the Nosler Combign technology bullets ? I have emailed nosler but they have not replied.

The CT bullets are lubed, but other than that they are the same.

I know winchester loads ammo with the CT bullets and it seems to me like this was some sort of marketing ploy by winchester to insinuate that they had a hand in the bullets origin or something.

Same bullet. As was mentioned they use a "lubalox" coating on them to reduce fouling etc. I have been told, that when you switch from coated to non coated billets and vice versa, that you need to thoroughly clean the barrel first. Other than that, they would be exactly the same bullet. Look cooler though. ;0)

O.K. Got ya. I just ordered some boxes of the combigned Tech bullets from nosler web site. 150 grain 7mm bullets $16 per 50 . Good price.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-16-14 AT 04:40AM (MST)[p]The 150 NBT is a great bullets.In fact I prefer the BT over accubonds.

I have found the ballistic tip to be a great bullet for what it's intended for.

Keep the impact velocity in the range it was designed for and it will do a great job, use a heavier weight if this is a problem and it's a win win.

People out a 165 in a 300 RUM and shoot an elk in the azz at 50 yards then say it blows up. no duh.

Stay thirsty my friends

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom