Nosler Custom Ammo

MuddyBoots

Does anyone have any experiences with their ammo? I've found a pretty good deal on it and was wondering how it stacked up against other premium ammunition. I currently shoot Black Hills Gold in my gun but I'm always on the look out for something better. My Black Hills is topped off with Barnes TSX bullets and the Nosler Custom has the Accubond. What's your guys' experience with the Accubond? Thanks!

I really like Nosler accubonds. Polymer tip, High b.c's, great performance on game. I don't have any experience with Nosler ammo because I reload but I am sure it is top notch. If you can get a deal on it try it out and post the results. Joe

I have been getting great results from the accubond as well. I agree, try it out and post up the results.

I haven't had a rant for at least a week, here's keeping in practice;

I kind of wish that Nosler left the word "custom" out of it! Everybody is doing their best these days to put out the latest and greatest ammo and charging tall dollars for a box of the stuff. "Custom", to me, means that you ship them your gun and they painstakingly develop a near max and highly accurate custom loading just for your individual weapon. If they aren't doing that, IMO,.. it's not "custom" ammo, so don't call it such.

I don't have a lot of experience with Accubonds but did take a couple animals with the stuff this past season. Deadly! If there was any need for tracking, not, the rather large exit wound would have facilitated and expedited the process! :) I'm liking the stuff and will use it in the future. If or not it's better than the Barnes product, not for me to say.

Joey

Accubonds work really well. I've used them for the past 8 years. I've done about everything one could do to them. As for Noslers ammo, I handload only. Real custom ammo I suppose. mtmuley

My Nosler .270 WSM shoots Nosler "Custom" 140 grain Accubonds into itty-bitty groups. That's all I know and all I need to know.

I bought it because that was the ammo Nosler guaranteed the rifle to shoot 3/4" groups with. I have also tried Federal Premium 130 grain TSX's and 150 grain Partitions with good results but not as good as the ABs.

Nosler Custom Ammo does shoot well, but they are loaded very mild.I have shot the Nosler Custom in 300 ultra with 180 grain accubonds. On the box it says 3250fps. In my gun with a 26 inch barrel I chronoed it at just under 3150fps.

Thanks for the replies. I've taken a pronghorn and elk now with my .308 using the Barnes TSX and like I suspected, they were what I would consider "deep divers". On both animals there was complete pass through without much exit damage. Although they both didn't go anywhere, I question how much energy deposit was lost.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom