Nosler Partition Protected Point

pls009

I bought a box of 180 grain nosler partition PP's online from Midway USA last week. I thought I was buying the regular Spitzer bullets and didn't notice the PP next to the order code. I've looked at Nosler's website looking for more information about what I bought. I see that the B/C for these bullets are less than the spitzers but that is all I see. Does anyone use these? Can anyone explain to me what the difference between these and the spitzers are other than the tip? Thanks!

My understanding is that they were designed specifically for the 300 win mag to reduce OAL. That's it. Beside the stubby protected point they are the same bullet. I have seen few bullets perform as well as Partitions.

Yes, they were designed for the 300 Winchester. They do not shoot as flat as the Partition spitzer but it is still a good bullet and accuracy is good as well. What are you looking to load ?

>Yes, they were designed for the
>300 Winchester. They do not
>shoot as flat as the
>Partition spitzer but it is
>still a good bullet and
>accuracy is good as well.
>What are you looking to
>load ?

I had intented to load my 30-06 - I have used the spitzers in the past but had ordered these by mistake. I do have a 300 Win Mag that I haven't loaded for so I think I will try them in that someday.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom