NR Deer combo odds

Cahunter805

Long Time Member
Does anyone know how many NR applied for the deer combo last year in the draw? Also were there any leftover deer combo last year? I know there were some leftovers in 2012.

used to be a 1 in 4-5 chance of drawing deer... Not sure the hunting is any better/worse, but I think the price turned a lot of people away.

Good luck if you go.

I'm about to donate again.
I think it's the quality of the hunt that is keeping NR's away.
Deer populations are low and concentrated. Most of the concentration is on private land and leased land. The public areas like BLM and Block Management are crowded with hunters. Deer numbers are way down in the public areas and the chance of getting even a 3 year old buck is slim or you REALLY have to work at it.
Now with more and more restriction there's less and less interest.

Or be a resident that hunts (drives around) everyday and finally gets a 4 point standing on a 2 track. :)

The cost increase scared them off. It happened all in one year, the year they raised prices. Kind of like when Colorado tried raising cow tag prices

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom