NR max points advice?

forkhunter

I know these posts come around every year. Bear with me. If you have general or specific advice, I will be willing to take it.

My dad and I have max points in WY. We applied for both deer and elk last year and didn't draw. The units we applied for have low draw odds success even with max points. It is the first year that we actually applied as available time has kept us building points.

Anyway, I am not in a huge hurry, but my dad is 65. He is in good health, but I am looking options for him to hunt. He does good, but we are not going to be doing any backpack-type hunts. We are not trophy hunters, but would like a good experience with a good # of animals and a decent chance at harvesting a nice one.

Any suggestions on where to research? Personally, I could hold my elk points and be happy to wait if he and I put in separately. If we go for deer, we would like to put in together. I have read some of the magazines and such so I know those opinions. I just don't want to waste the points and have a bad hunt or access issue or.....

If you have any thoughts, I appreciate any advice. Hope you all had a great hunting year!
Shane

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom