NV Bear Hunt

outdoorfan

I attended the meeting this evening in Gardnerville regarding the details for the NV Bear Hunt. One of the options that was proposed was to isolate the Tahoe Basin (drop water on the ground, if it rolls down hill that is the basin) on the Nevada side as a no hunting area for the new bear season. It was a tie vote so it will go back on the agenda for the next meeting when the other board member is present. If you have a voice and an interest in the Bear season get a hold of NDOW and the commissioners to have your opinion read into the minutes. The Tahoe Basin is already open for hunting Deer, Quail, Mtn. Lion, Grouse, Coyote, and other so there should be no reason to isolate the area for bear where they need the management the most. The hunt was approved they are just debating over boundaries, season dates, number of tags, etc. The Anti's were present and made some interesting comments like decreased property value and other, but lets protect our freedoms as sportsman and keep the values we cherish ours.

Those tags will be harder to draw then a sheep tag!

("For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9")

Even though the Douglas County Advisory Board came to a tie, in the end, it really means nothing.

The state board still has the final say.

I will get excited on Monday morning when I find out what happened at that meeting.

Later,

Marcial

I don't understand why they want to isolate the Tahoe Basin from any Bear hunt, When we can buy a over the counter bear tag from Cally and hunt the Tahoe Basin!

Because the residents in the Tahoe Basin don't want their bears being harrassed and hunted.

That is all.

They need that hunt bad! I have some friends whose parents live outside of Stateline on the Nv side. They had a bear breaking into their house and raiding the fridge at all hours of the day while they were home. The bear had absolutely no fear of them at all. It is kind of a miracle no one ever got hurt. I guess the parents would just sit in the living room while the bear did its thing and left. They didn't want to call NDOW because they didn't want them to kill the bear. crazy

>They didn't want to call
>NDOW because they didn't want
>them to kill the bear.
>crazy

I guess they deserve it then, IMO.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom