oak creek utah

B

bigthree

My buddy has a tag we have seen some cows and couple of small 5 points the cows I have seen are like they are on a endless track we are hunting archery any pointers on this unit would be great thank you

All i can say is good luck. I spend a lot of time on that unit and the elk hunting can be very hard. If you are seeing a lot of cows your are lucky. Just stay with them. The bulls are starting to get interested in cows.

I'd take one of those 5 points if you get the oppurtunity. Very few bulls over 300 on that mountain. My buddy killed one 3 years ago there about a 310 bull. Only saw one bigger in 3 weeks of hunting. Tough tough hunt!!!!!!

I think we've been here before.....

Like said, tough, tough hunt. There is a reason the draw odds for archery are 50/50. Very few elk, very few large bulls and rough country. The unit is managed for 4-5 year old bulls. That doesn't give them much of a chance. There are some decent bulls on the unit, but they are tough to find. Hopefully he gets lucky and finds a bull. Maybe next weeks weather will help a bit. Keep us posted on how he does.

I live three miles from the north end border of the unit and ride my four wheeler from the house and have seen three bulls pushing 380 ya just gotta know where to go. Three years ago my father in law shot a 350 bull in the same area.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom