oct archery Ibex

I wish. Figured out some great bow spots about 5 yrs ago and now can't draw the tag again. Will be helping a buddy though! Good luck...watch the snakes. Thick in Oct. Out there.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-16 AT 04:51PM (MST)[p]264 Mag,

Good luck on your hunt. I've been watching the you tube videos and that's a challenging hunt. I drew the Nov rifle tag. I'm pumped about my hunt also. If you don't mind maybe we can talk after your hunt to discuss what you seen. Good luck again and be safe.

WD

I'll be headed down the 28th and plan on staying a week or two! Most of the time sleeping on the rock. Good luck to everyone. May your arrows hit their mark.

I've been there a few times and found rattlers almost every time. One was a little too close climbing a rock in the dark and came up to a ledge and met one face to face. Well maybe we were a few feet apart but way too close for comfort. I guess it depends on your comfort with snakes if you want to wear leggings. The last two times I was on the mountain I wore shorts so no I'm not taking leggings.
You have to watch your step for sure.

The reflected glare off those porcelain calves will blind the poor snakes and send them scurrying for cover.

"Leggings" reminds me too much of Richard Simmons, but I suppose that, if YOU wanted to, you could wear snake chaps AND shiny nylon short-shorts.

Not me, no way. Too many shin-daggers.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom