OIL Results

Well crap

Screenshot_20240508_213123_Messages~3.jpg

I got an email notification from FnG. I open it up..."HFS!!!" and I literally broke out in a sweat. Called FnG to verify it wasn't a computer glitch. Cali curls 🐏

Called my hunting buddy to tell him. He was "the draws are out? Let me check...HFS!!!". His daughter drew moose.

Once again Idaho Fish & No GAME. waited to long to figure out that allocating 1200 to 1500 moose tags a year for 20 years would eliminate the moose herds ... 2024 has 517 total tags !! Another Banner JOB

Be happy.
If you truly are old as you've chosen to imply then you got to see some good years.
Relax.
Control yourself.
IDFG actually knows better than you when it comes to wildlife management.
Breath deep.

Once again Idaho Fish & No GAME. waited to long to figure out that allocating 1200 to 1500 moose tags a year for 20 years would eliminate the moose herds ... 2024 has 517 total tags !! Another Banner JOB
I don’t think it was a problem of too many tags in the past, I think it has to do with the predator pit they’ve created. I know IDFG says it’s climate change and winter ticks but its real funny to me that moose are generally thriving in the south hills and Nevada and Utah(places without wolves and generally warmer environs) and struggling in Montana and Northern Idaho(places with wolves and generally cooler)

I don’t think it was a problem of too many tags in the past, I think it has to do with the predator pit they’ve created. I know IDFG says it’s climate change and winter ticks but its real funny to me that moose are generally thriving in the south hills and Nevada and Utah(places without wolves and generally warmer environs) and struggling in Montana and Northern Idaho(places with wolves and generally cooler)
You can not issue that many tags year after year and have a average of over 70% success in harvest and expect the population to maintain.. Yep then ad in the wolves, fires, lack of habitat an that is what takes the tag count in 2003 of almost 1500 tags to 517 in 2024 !! IF&G doesn't try to fix anything until the population is almost gone !! You are correct on the lower portions or NV Utah & southern Idaho info, Interesting about 10 years ago, F&G put out reports stating the noted decline in the moose herds in most areas north of the Salmon River but did nothing except reduce 1 or 2 tags in a unit or two. Now they have cut the overall tags by 2/3rds probably should have started reducing tags back when they noticed the decline 10 years back .

Oh my you are a grumpy old fella.
Walk outside and stare at the blue sky or give the wife a hug.
It will help you feel better.

Ignorant is your spelling of "your".
An affluent person would use the spelling "you're".
Example: You're as dumb as a box of rocks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom