??? Omega shooters

DMCHUNTER

Ok, I am thinking about getting a new gun and everybody seems to love the omega. I read a lot of positive stuff about them. Now my question is not any any way to trash the omega but is to help me decide wether or not to buy one. I want to find out the little problems if any before I buy one.

What do you dislike about your omega. Or What would you change about your Omega.

Two things that I think of (OK three). First the trigger guard is quite small and some have complained about using it with heavy gloves (not a problem for me as I hunt Arizona and use only light weight gloves when it is cold. Next the rifle is difficult to load with a lot of bullet sabot combinations as the bore is very tight; also the rifling is made for sabots and as such is shallow which adds to the difficulty loading as there is no place for fouling to go when reloading (again not a big problem once you find a combination that works in your rifle) and finally some have complained about the synthetic stock being too light and hollow which can make noise when banged on trees (another problem that I do not have as I try to not bang my rifle on trees and I do have the synthetic stock). (OK five) The stock recoil pad is a joke. Get a Limbsaver recoil pad and the rifle becomes a pussycat for recoil. In general if I was going to buy another inline rifle I would buy the Omega again as long as you want to spend the money for a upscale priced rifle. There are cheaper ones out there but I love my Stainless .50 Omega!!!!! I have three other muzzleloaders including a sidelock T/C Hawken with both a .50 and a .54 barrel. I don't like the Knight plastic thingy so I do not have any Knight rifles although the owners seem to love them.

The stock is too short for me, so I got the limbsaver slip-on recoil pad. It makes the stock just the right length and tames the recoil.

Trigger: I have never seen a trigger that works this way. I have not had any problems with getting my finger in the trigger guard, but when you pull the trigger, it shoots forward in the trigger guard and if you don't have gloves on it can pinch your finger.

Shooting and clean up have been great, and I would buy it again.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom