OMFG what a Tack Driver

HighDesert

Ok Ok OK SO i went out and bought my fiance a New Weatherby Vanguard in the 257 weatherby mag. Got the factory shot sheet and it was so so just under an Inch. Went and got a grind to fit Limb saver pad on it for her. Topped it with a Leupold 4.5-14x50 Boone and Crockett scope. Went out and shot it was down to 1/2 inch groups at 100. Then I went and bought the Barrel de-resonator. OMG this Rifle shoots phenomenally. I took it back out to the Range 110 grain Nosler accubonds and lets just say I that after 3 shots I have one big hole Everything touched so i am guess 1/8" group at 100 yards. She may never get it back but i am heading to the desert to do some scouting and taking this badboy along. something itching in me to reach out about 600 yards for a Yote and watch him do flips. Just thought i would let you guys know that the De-resonator works
Dave

Could you elaborate how the de-res. works? Where you get them...installation, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

The barrel Deresonator is Made by Limbsaver. It just slides over the barrel looks kina tacky in ways but it works. It dampens the vibration of the gun. I have to say it works damn good. I just got back and was shooting again this time i was shooting soda cans filled with water out to 450 yards. 2 at 200 2 250 2 at 300 2 at 350 every 50 yards out to 450. 12 shots 11 hits pulled one at 450yards. but this gun is a ton of fun.
Dave

TRY IT OUT AT 400YRDS!(try shooting golf balls)
I have it in ultralight!
Shoots flat as any I every heard of,lacks a bit of knockdown!
Its an laser for sure! Use one ammo load only and forever! Any mix and match with throw off 3FT!
I use only factory loaded Barnes X bullet 115 grain!
YES! I spend lots to shoot lots!
Rackmaster

So what are you planning on buying her next??? Perhaps a reloading kit? Chronograph? Tool set? Sorry just have to rib you a little. I have been hearing good things about the Vanguards...and they don't cost an arm or a leg either.

Just finished range tuning a new Vanguard 300 win mag for my daughter's boyfriend. Sent 15 165 gr. Hornady BTSP's through it & last 5 shots were half inch. Topped it with a Sightron 3x12x50 SII...tracked precisely to desired zero.

I bought a Weatherby Mark V in .257 WBY Mag three years ago. Put a Simmons Aetec 2.8-10 on it and spent some time at the bench getting her dialed in. It didn't take long to get her driving tacks at 200 yards. I loaded up a bunch of 115 grain X bullets for her. Shot her a lot from the bench and in different, more realistic hunting positions. Most comfortable gun I have ever shot. it really felt like an extension of me when I took it out to shoot after a while. That year, while deer hunting, I came across a buck sidehilling across a drainage from me at about 325 yards. I just pulled up and let her buck. He never knwe what hit him. Only time I have ever felt comfortable enough in my ability and my gun in taking a shot like that. I own several other rifles of various calibers, but my .257 if my favorite. I Have even considered using it on elk because it is so accurate, and I feel like I could place the shot well enough to kill even the toughest bull. I will say this though, I do wish I would have spent the extra $200.00 at the time and gotten the ultra light. The Mark V is a heavy mutha. Anyway, love the caliber and have absolutely no regrets going that way when I bought a new rifle.

SAVE LOTS OF MONEY.
GET A HIGHEND(MORE THAN THE RIFLE COST)SCOPE!
ITS WILL BE A DIFFERANT ANIAMAL!
OR IN THE WOMAN SENSE OF THE STORY A REAL NASTY #####
OF A SHOOTER! not to knock the simmons but- its like cheap tires, you know the 4 for $100.00 on 60k SUV!
jack

How is the recoil on these? I have been thinking about getting one for my fiance but she needs something with little recoil. She is a very small woman. I know I could put a muzzlebreak on it, but don't like the tradeoff for the noise.
Thanks,
Dave

LAST EDITED ON Jun-22-05 AT 07:49PM (MST)[p]MILD VERY MILD!
I have the ultra lite and its about same as an .243win/6.5x55 little more if any! forget the break!
good gun,lackS knock down! I have shot bucks out to 550yrds plus!get an great scope!!!!
JACK

Jack, thanks for the reply, sounds like just the rifle we've been looking for. I am planning on putting a Zeiss scope on it for her. I have used Leupold scopes in the past, but want to try the Zeiss.
Thanks,
Dave

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom