One less Idaho Wolf

H

Hauss

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-12 AT 00:11AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-12 AT 11:44?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-30-12 AT 11:42?PM (MST)

You guys need to get out and start getting these dogs. They are awesome. People you don't even know will want to shake your hand, traffic will stop on main street in salmon to see your wolf.

Go to youtube and type in "idaho wolf hunt 2012"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cG_0dzfePQE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/5208dscn1421.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-31-12 AT 07:42PM (MST)[p]Congrats on your kill, I would love to go get one and help out our heard's. I live by Idaho Falls where for the most part it is closed unless I go south or West. I will travel up to Salmon and some of these areas if I can get some info or even some help if possible, I can leave Friday night if needed. Just looking on where to go if your willing to help it would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Blaine

I second what Blaine said. I will drive up there for a chance at one. Might catch a fish or 2 while I'm there!!

Blaine, good luck I found a canyon that has tracks in it. We would just hit that canyon all the time, you just dont know when they will be there. It looks easy but my brother has been out over ten time around salmon before he got his. I was lucky to get it in seven trips. They are smart dogs. We thought about driving the roads but you can't do that we the price of gas. Just get out and hike,sometimes we were a day late or tracks from the night.
All i can say is good luck but you have to put your time in.

Are you fishing or wolf hunting? Get out and hike a canyon. You can catch fish like everyone else but not everyone shoots a wolf.. Good luck

Hauss

I'm really proud of you to guys. That video was awesome. I appreciate you guys putting so much effort into hunting those damn wolves. Hopefully there will be better hunting for all thanks to guys like you two.

Thanks, for the advice. I will go up I just was asking because my time is limited and I would like to get one yes, but wanted to help out the herds. I so wish I could afford, let alone have the time to do it seven times since thanksgiving. That would be awesome, I hope my future will allow for this but as of right now it just isn't an option so info is crucial. How is the snow up there? can one walk canyon and hill looking for tracks or is it to deep now with these recent storms?

Thanks for the info Hauss

Try around mile post 81 by Loman,had a shot a one last Saturday. They were howling on both sides of the river from early morning until about noon. They are pattering a herd of Elk by the hiway,and are definately running the ridges. They will answer a call. Headed back up Friday, good luck to all, i never saw another hunter,and they need more pressure!

>Are you fishing or wolf hunting?
> Get out and hike
>a canyon. You can catch
>fish like everyone else but
>not everyone shoots a wolf..
>Good luck

Good point. You motivated me!

LAST EDITED ON Feb-02-12 AT 01:44PM (MST)[p]I went with old haus last weekend it was fun. the snow level is low we walked up and down the canyons with little effort. But just like anywhere else the higher you climb in evelvation the deeper it gets. look for where the elk are, thats where the wolves like to hang. I know that isn't ground breaking advice. Keep in mind if you are in one drainage and there is only a small group of elk and the next drainage over has 500 head of elk than you can figure out which one you should be hunting in. Go get em!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom