Online Stock Trading- Who Does It?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Who trades online? Thinking about learning more about it. Where should I go to mess around with small $$ trading? Experiences? Thanks!

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

I believe Elklover has a post about this right now in the General Hunting forum. It was an HS Precision If I'm not mistaken...

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

Good topic. I have also wondered about a little online gaming action. Then I wonder if the only ones making money are the scott trades and what not.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

For stocks, Fidelity just dropped the trade fees to 4.95, cheapest around. I do however like scottrades platform better, faster more streamlined system, Ameritrade is in the process of acquiring them tho so who knows how that will turn out.

I use Fidelity. They have a pretty nice resource. The only other online trading I've done is with Scott Trade, but that was so long ago that I'm sure their system is far different now.
I don't make a lot of trades, maybe one a month is all. I own about 25 stocks and a handful of mutual funds and ETF's.
It's been a great past 3 months! Nearly everything is at all-time highs.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

A brokerage account with Vanguard is pretty easy to set up and get rolling with. Easy online access makes it a breeze to buy and sell stock. Now is a good time, the market is doing pretty well.

Hunt Hard. Shoot Straight. Kill Clean. Apologize to No One.

The honest-to-goodness truth is you don't need to know anything right now to win, on average. But one thing you can be sure of....it's a short term joy-ride. Just like the last time do-it-yourself trading got popular back around 1999-2000 and again in 2006-2007. The DIY trend will soon come to a halt, just like it did back then. Because the market always goes through these happy peaks which are then followed by stunning crashes. You'd be wise in the LONG TERM to enlist the services of a pro who knows what they're doing, and then have the nerves of steel to ride out their strategy for the long haul.

Thanks for the info guys...Any hot, low cost stocks that you guys have your eyes on?

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Honestly, I personally wouldn't throw any new money into anything. All time highs, market up big, running like crazy. Buying stocks at an all time high is a real gamble, unless you really don't care about the money for 10 years+.

I've enjoyed Facebook, Apple, Google, Autozone, among others that have done well, but I couldn't bring myself to adding to any position right now. I'm looking at selling and locking in some profits, not buying.

The market will correct some soon, then maybe buy some companies you think will grow.

That's my opinion. I lost back in 1999. Got lucky and sold all investments in 2006 before things went crappy. When I saw friends who I knew had less money than me buying $800,000 houses banking on selling them for double in two years and getting loans they couldn't afford, I thought there was a problem.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

I placed funds for my Daughter in BRIC and as I try to remember, it may be under a "TECHNOLOGY" fund. In my way of thinking, USA already had an open Internet (Not China or Russia) but Alibaba changed that after I invested....A Good Thing.

In my lifetime, BRIC Countries were near Third World Nations so, the ONLY place they had to go; WAS UP. They sure have and sure will do so upward rises in about all future years I can fathom. So, for a Young Daughter, this has been my choice. It may not be near as good for someone whom wants to watch the market all day every day, but in time, it has every indicator to pay my Daughter a healthy sum.

Professional advisers are good so I sought them out interviewing each and once I gained much of their advices, I avoided their fee's and had one buy the Stocks. I used to do the day trading but it was to mentally worrisome. This BRIC is like Power Steering without the need to ever make a turn.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bric-etf.asp

DEFINITION of 'BRIC ETF'
An exchange-traded fund that invests in stocks and listed securities associated with the countries of Brazil, Russia, India and China. BRIC ETFs are designed to give holders diversified exposure to these growing countries. Assets are invested in both locally issued stocks and shares that trade on exchanges in the U.S. and Europe. The portfolio allocation among the four counties may vary from fund to fund, but all ETFs in the space should be passively invested around an underlying index.

BREAKING DOWN 'BRIC ETF'
Investing in the BRIC economies has been on the rise as increased economic globalization creates higher levels of world trade and commerce. Brazil, Russia, India and China have had strong growth in gross domestic product (GDP) over the past few decades, with recent rates much higher than those found in the United States and the Eurozone. BRIC ETFs may carry slightly higher expense ratios than funds focused on the U.S. and Europe due to the higher costs of investing directly in these foreign stock markets.

Second Link below:

http://www.wallstreetwindow.com/content/bric-report

By Mike Swanson of WallStreetWindow.com

Brazil, Russia, India, and China. Jim O'Neill the head of global economic research for Goldman Sachs gave these four countries the nickname BRICS in a emerging market report he published in 2001.

In his paper he argued that by 2050 the combined economies of these four countries would overtake the current richest countries of the world.

The countries hold 40% of the world's population and make up 25% of the world's land mass.
Brazil for instance is the world's 5th most populated country and has the 9th largest GDP in the world, while Russia has the 7th biggest GDP.

India is the second most populated nation in the world with the 4th biggest GDP, while China of course is the most populated country in the world and is second in GDP only to the United States.

What is key is the BRIC countries are projected to overtake Japan, Germany, France, and the United Kingdom by GDP over the next 40 years. Japan for instance is currently second in GDP, but is expected to fall to 8th by GDP by 2050. All these projections are from a bric economies research paper done by Goldman Sachs a few years ago.

For investors the BRIC countries hold incredible promise and growth. At a time of financial turmoil of wild booms and busts we have seen cycles based on credit expansion and pure bubbles in much of the West. Some of that money that has trickled into emerging markets at times to create massive gyrations as we have seen in the Chinese stock market the past few years, however the growth in the BRIC countries is much more sustainable and is going to simply accelerate over the next couple of decades.

The future is definitely in the BRIC nations and an investor who wants to supercharge his portfolio most figure out a way to participate and also be to navigate the wild swings that come from emerging markets which can double one year and fall in half the next.

US based investors have access to several BRIC focused exchange traded funds, such as the BIK S&P BRIC 40, which tracks a basket of blue chip stocks in Brazil, Russia, India, and China. There is also the Claymore/BNY BRIC, which holds 75 companies that trade in the US as American depository receipts.

There are several hundred BRIC companies that trade in the US stock exchanges as ADR's, that US investors can buy. They also can buy directly into BRIC countries through some brokerages, such as Etrade, which now allow their customers to invest in overseas stock exchanges, but for now ADR's are the simplest route to go, because more information on companies with dual listing is available, with full SEC filings.

Jagerdad :)

Hey Wisz?

You SPLAINED to Ms Wisz what You're Doing with Her Allowance Money?

My Signature is a Short Clip of NVB & His Coal Roller!
"We Better Get out of the F'N Way cuzz Ole NVB is Coming to MF'N Town"!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-07-17 AT 10:23PM (MST)[p]Nope, Homer...just trying to educate myself with some help from some winners like yourself. You are always a class act. Wondered why the other MM'ers put you on the same level as Tristate. I don't need to wonder any longer. You're simply a douchebag.

Call it what you want, Homer. I think you are an azzhole. There's not much more to it.

>....you sound like my mom

Hey Homer?

You Ever Met Ms Wisz?

My Signature is a Short Clip of NVB & His Coal Roller!
"We Better Get out of the F'N Way cuzz Ole NVB is Coming to MF'N Town"!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom