Opening Day on Sunday?

IdahoSmitty

I was just wondering what you guys think opening day scene is going to look like due to the opener being on Sunday the 10th of October. (at least the unit I will be hunting)

Do you think there will be less people? or More?

Do you think the weekend guys will come out just for the opener but head back after?

Lets hear some thoughts...........Good luck to you all!

Can you say J C Penney white sale or Black Friday .
I bet you will have to take your own rock just to set on.It mite be dam dangerous with all the led flying .

The surprising thing about young fools is how many survive to become old fools.

The unit I hunt in will be packed as per usual. Then after the first hour after daylight you might as well go back to camp or go home. The deer will be in the deepest and darkest hole where no one goes.

I think it will be busy and if the weather doesn't change it will stink after about 9:00 am anyway. Of course it depends on the unit. I have hunted in Idaho all my life and most hunters are weekend warriors even if it is just one day. Like the other person stated.......as soon as the lead flies you will have to work alot harder to find the deer. I would plan on a lot of hunters but by Tuesday it will be less preassure.

Yeah it looks like it will be a bright night out around that time. I think I will be hiking in a day early and camping out for a few days. I am just so excited.........Favorite part of the year.....football has started, hunting is happening, the smells, could it get any better than this? I like the idea of bringing my own rock, that was pretty funny. Smitty

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom