Orange Changes

FlyFool

Saw an article in the Standard-Examiner yesterday that said the House passed (Senate still has to pass)a bill to amend the hunter orange rules. The proposed rule change is that hunter orange would not be required for limited entry and once-in-a-lifetime hunts. Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this and what anyone thinks. I don't have a problem with it. oh yeah this applies to Utah.

They said in an article" it would improve hunter success by not wearing orange in LE units".

I dont know how you can improve nearly 100% success? But, that is fine with me because I would rather not wear orange.

I think that it would be a great change. On my LE Elk hunt on the Wasatch unit a couple of years ago, I never saw another hunter when i got off the roads. My buddies that were with me were all in camo, i had to be in orange and was the only one carrying a gun. That didn't make a lot of sence to me.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-09 AT 10:30AM (MST)[p]What happens to all those spike bull hunters tromping around on the Limited Entry units during the hunt, scouting for their "TROPHY" spike? You know there will be thousands of them. They should be required to wear orange in case an irritated hunter mistakes them for a varmint.

If they wear orange, it will be easier to find the body.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom