Oregon Big game Results

Redside

should be out in about 11 days and I am already getting butter flies in the stomatch. Just talking on the phone tonight to my brother and we both think about the same thing drawing something different in Oregon. I would have to say sheep would be top on the list with drawing a tag close to my home on the Deschutes. Been applying for years for the Rocky Mountain Bighorns on the Hurricane Divide, but changed this year and put in close to home for the East Deschutes hunt which needless to say has some monsters. Also have been applying for 10 years for the Juniper muzzleloader hunt, still don't think I have enough points this year but who knows. It's all fun, and if I don't draw I still can hunt deer and elk with my family and I wouldn't trade that for the world.

Redside,
I'm also from Oregon - I live in Oregon City. Also waiting to see what I draw this year. Should get my deer tag no problem but really hoping to draw my 1st antelope tag this year. Also, like you someday maybe get a bighorn tag. Anyway, good luck on your draw and good hunting.

I am from Northern California and have hunted Oregon for the past 20 years. I have 4 bonus points for Antelope this year and 3 points for deer.

Gladstone resident here, looking for that elusive sheep tag myself, but not holding my breath. I always check on line and it seems like it comes out a few days earlier than predicted. Hopefully luck will shine down on all of us.

Rich

This was my 34th year of applying for an Oregon sheep tag. I've been putting in for the McClellan hunt the last 4 or 5 years. Put my two teenage son's in for West Deschutes. We live between Sandy and Mt Hood.

I get my bighorn fix by photographing some now and then. Here's a ram I photographed last Saturday. One of 20 ram's I saw.

84ram3.jpg

ramslam...that would be the Biggs unit in north central Oregon. These sheep aren't hunted by human's, and they see alot of people because they live next to an interstate. They originated from the John Day River herd and found the area to their liking!

ramingrass.jpg

I didn't draw anything, my sheep tag in particular! Guess it's open season with my camera again. :)

Me and the boy, 0 for 9. He didn't even draw the youth hunt i wanted him to get, w/max points. Darn. Still have Id and Kali and only 2 tags between us so far. Guess the Co landowner tag is going to be a reality.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom