oregon legal muzzle loaders

hntnfsh67

was hoping someone from the great state of Oregon could point me in the right direction regarding what muzzle loaders are legal to hunt with. Also what is your personal setup.

thanks and good luck this season.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

I bought a new muzzleloader last year, and used it on a elk hunt in east or. Traditions Pursuit- northwest edition, comes with reg. iron sights and open ignition for #11 caps, legal for traditional muzzy hunts.
I worked up a good load using Hornady's 385 gr. great plains (all lead) and 110 gr. Hodgdon 777(ffg) powder.
Hang on to your hat, this thing has a good kick & hits hard out to around 100 yds or better.
HOPE THIS HELPS, GG

has to have open ignition, no scope. Sabots not allowed. See below for text from regs

Remington 700M is what i use and am thoroughly impressed with it

MUZZLELOADER
?? Scopes (permanent and detachable), and sights that use batteries, artificial light or energy are not allowed during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600
series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only, except for visually impaired hunters who
have a visual acuity of ?? 20/200 with lenses or visual field of ?? 20 degrees (a permit is required; please see page 86). Open and peep sights made from
alloys, plastic, or other materials that do not have the properties described above are legal sights. Fiber optics and fluorescent paint incorporated into or
on open or iron sights are legal.
?? It is illegal to hunt with jacketed bullets, sabots and bullets with plastic or synthetic bases during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts
where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only. Conical lead or lead alloy bullets with a length that
does not exceed twice the diameter and lead or lead alloy round balls used with cloth, paper or felt patches are allowed.
?? It is illegal to hunt with centerfire primers as an ignition source during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon
restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only.
?? It is illegal to hunt with pelletized powders or propellants during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction
of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only. Granular (loose) black powder and black powder substitutes are the only legal propellants
during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only.
?? No other firearm may be used for hunting during a muzzleloader-only season. See definition on page 82.
?? Muzzleloading firearms with revolving actions are prohibited during muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon
restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/muzzleloader only.
?? For muzzleloader-only seasons and 600 series hunts where there is a weapon restriction of shotgun/muzzleloader only or archery/
muzzleloader only, the muzzleloader must have an open ignition. See definition on page 82.

Thank guys,

I did read the regs but was trying to narrow down what rigs others had set up for hunting in Oregon.

Matt
"Opportunity is missed by most people
because its dressed in overalls
and looks like work."
Thomas Edison

Back
Top Bottom