Oregon muzzleloader

taximan

I drew out on a blacktail hunt in Oregon with muzzleloader. I was hoping to get some sugeestions for the best type of rifle to match the laws up there. Any advise would be appreciated. It is a rut hunt and goes until Nov 30.

I use a traditions pursuit lt northwest edition. It is a break open but has a open ignition for use in the western states that require it. It is very accurate out to 150 yards (softball size groups) but I dont know about beyond that. I shoot 385 grain Maxi-Balls with 100 grains powder, and it put my deer down last year in less than 5 seconds. At least look at it, good price when I bought it last year to.

My muzzy is knight rifle Bighorn black composite stock and nice heavy recoil pad 50 cal. I use 275gr conical bullet with 90gr of Hodgdon Pyrodex powder RS. That combo worked great when i shot my buck 2yrs ago.

Happy Hunting

Mike

I don't mean to be highjacking this thread, but I'm also seeking info. for muzz hunting in Oregon. sworhntr, I was wanting to know what brand of bullet was it that you used? I just bought some Pyrodex r/s and some FTB's ( I'm pulling the plastic ) and also some Great Plains bullets.

One more quick question, do you know if it is legal in Oregon to use a silhouette for antelope?

I apologize for jumping in here and asking questions.

Thank you,

Slide

there is no reason you can't use a siloette decoy on your hunt.
as far as your other questionsm i leave them to more knowledgeable muzzy guys

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom