Oryx Meat Processing Near Stallion Range WSMR

crazyelk

I will be hunting with a friend for Oryx at the Stallion Range Feb.17-18. Are there any meat processors in the Socorro NM area? I hunted with a friend last year at Rhodes Canyon. We took her Oryx to a processor near Alamagordo. She then picked up the meat at Sportman's in ABQ, two week later. This worked out great.

Hate to hijack your thread, but I have a question. I'm a NR and the tag is around $1,600. How was the quality of the hunt you helped with? Just trying to decide whether to put in or not. Thanks.

There are lots of animals on all the ranges. It is not shooting fish in a barrel but if you put out a little effort and can shoot you should not have a problem getting one. You have to go to a pre-hunt safety meeting then you are on your own. It's alot like hunting pronghorn. The animals are about 400lbs and the meat is fantastic. I have been on the small range twice and I am also hunting the Stallion myself on Feb 17th. Me and crazy elk will post pics after the hunt. ( I hope for both of us)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom