outdoorsmans tripod adapter

bigwop69

decided to get the outdoorsmans tripod adapter for my EL Swarovisions. Just wanted to get opinions from guys that have it. is it sturdy? thanks for the feedback.

I am also curious about this. I see on there website it says you need the stud to hook to the binos but, I dont see one for the Swarovisions? If you end up gettig one I would like to know how it works.

Josh

Yes, it is sturdy and easy to use. I always thought it was flimsy and could break easily but I've never had a negative issue with it. fatrooster.

>I am also curious about this.
>I see on there website
>it says you need the
>stud to hook to the
>binos but, I dont see
>one for the Swarovisions? If
>you end up gettig one
>I would like to know
>how it works.
>
>
>
>Josh

My EL's were not tripod adaptable. Outdoorsmans installed a stud on the hinge which adapts to their tripod adapter. I think their tripod adapter is top notch. Don't know if the new EL swarovisions are tripod adaptable from the factory. Kind of a joke to have high dollar binos that are not so equipped.

>Did it affect the distance you
>can put the barrels together?
>

I assume this question is directed at me.

No, the interpupillary distance was not affected by the aftermarket tripod stud installed by Outdoorsmans.

I was in Outdoorsmans yesterday and looked at the adapter. It is about $140 for getting the EL setup which includes modification to the binoculars and the post. It allows for the binoculars to swing a little for unlevel setup. It only takes a couple seconds more to level up and I like to press slightly against the eyecups so I don't think I would like this loose swinging feel.

Yeah I just don't think I want anyone pressing the stud out of my $2,500 binos and replacing it. I just got the swarovski adapter no mods needed.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-11 AT 09:43AM (MST)[p]Jarhead,

I've been looking for the new tripod Adapter for the Swarovisions as the old EL adapter apparently doesn't work.
Can I ask were you purchased it ?
Thanks

>LAST EDITED ON Jan-05-11
>AT 09:43?AM (MST)

>
>Jarhead,
>
>I've been looking for the new
>tripod Adapter for the Swarovisions
>as the old EL adapter
>apparently doesn't work.
>Can I ask were you purchased
>it ?
>Thanks

Got mine off Amazon. Here is the link.

http://www.amazon.com/Swarovski-Tri...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1294246073&sr=8-1

Only one left. I think I paid just over $100 for mine though. It was from a different store, but they are not on the list anymore. Might want to keep trying.

pirogue

Just clarifying what you said about the ability to swing. i press into my binos, so if I got this set up they would move on me when I pressed into them? Thanks.

>pirogue
>
>Just clarifying what you said about
>the ability to swing. i
>press into my binos, so
>if I got this set
>up they would move on
>me when I pressed into
>them? Thanks.

They swing side to side, not toward you and away.

bigwop69, I had the Outdoorsmans hinge pin placed on my Els 5 years ago and I think it's one of the best things I've done. It is very sturdy and you will have no regrets. Originally I had several concerns about replacing the factory hinge pin but it turns out those concerns have all been a non issue. I would do it again in a heart beat.

>Thanks for the info I'll check
>it out. Did you notice
>if it is a new
>adapter for the swarovision as
>compared to the old El's.

I dont know what the one for the old EL's looked liked so I couldn't tell you.

>bigwop69, I had the Outdoorsmans hinge
>pin placed on my Els
>5 years ago and I
>think it's one of the
>best things I've done.
>It is very sturdy and
>you will have no regrets.
> Originally I had several
>concerns about replacing the factory
>hinge pin but it turns
>out those concerns have all
>been a non issue.
>I would do it again
>in a heart beat.

I was also told that doing the adapter will not void the warranty through Sawaro?

I was told the same thing but have never needed my warranty. Outdoorsmans says with warranty work Swarovski usually removes the outdoorsmans hinge pin and replaces it with a stock one before they return your binoculars.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom