Over sized load of Elk

RoadlessHunter

I was looking at some old pictures on my backup hard drive and I had almost forgotten about this over sized load of elk.

I wasn't sure the ramp was going to hold. We pulled them up a tree and lowered them down onto the four wheeler. The rest is history.

5984elkload2.jpg

4182elkload1.jpg

Lets see some post of your over sized load of game animals.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-16
>AT 05:41?AM (MST)

>
>You guys own knives?

now that's funny....

My son with his Moose (714# dressed weight) loaded in pickup.

In Vermont, they like to take 'em out whole! ;-)

GarrettMooseInTruck.jpg

>You guys own knives?

Hahahahaha. My thoughts exactly but the loads make for some great photos and super memories!

I've brought out only 1 cow whole (because I ran into a friend and he and his sons who threw it on), the rest have all been in quarters. Usually the quarters make the first leg of the trip in the backpacks.. then on the quad.

Well done to those who shared pics.

Zeke

About that knife comment. Roadless, they don't even look like you gutted them ? >I was looking at some old
>pictures on my backup hard
>drive and I had almost
>forgotten about this over sized
>load of elk.
>
>I wasn't sure the ramp was
>going to hold. We
>pulled them up a tree
>and lowered them down onto
>the four wheeler. The
>rest is history.
>
>
5984elkload2.jpg

>
>
4182elkload1.jpg

>
>Lets see some post of your
>over sized load of game
>animals.

My son, with a bull off a Utah CWMU a few years ago.

Hardly qualifies as whole however. Before we twisted off the legs, this was a pretty much a single directional machine. :)

1951scottelkonpolaris11.jpg

6794scottelkpolaris21.jpg

Keeping them whole helps keep them clean. The butcher (me) appreciates the effort.

More often than not they come out in much smaller packages but we only field carve them when necessary.

Driving this one up the ramps got a little tense, as I recall. Can image why.

DC

I wish I had a pic. When I lived in Craig I worked for an outfitter. We got a little KIA suv. It had been rolled. We chappoed the back 1/2 made a little bed for it and a cab over roof rack. Added in a set of air bags and a set of 31" tires. One day we had a big group cross across the property and all of out hunters killed elk. We had 7 elk stacked on that little thing. It was amazing.

Imagine

holy crap elks96! that must have been hilarious and TOP heavy :D would have been awesome to see that sight coming down the trail!!!
Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Two whole elk loaded on a wheeler...not so "roadless!" :) Just be a smart A......that is an awesome picture! Thanks for sharing.

I always feel over-loaded with them on my back.

Seeing this post reminded me of a favorite pic off the internet; elk on what looks to be an AMC (hornet? pacer?)

786elkoncars.jpg

When searching for that one I found this more impressive photo;

95981959elkcar.jpg

I have a whole deer draped over my Honda fat cat but cant find it right now, it was harder driving my motorbike out then packing it out on my back.

Here is a picture of two of the three cows loaded in the back of the truck last year. The last one went on top. The pictures of all three are not as good as this one.
6051img1437.jpg

DZ

Some of you may have seen them on Facebook

But a High School friend who is big into the outdoors, Found a match set of sheds while Mt Biking a month or so ago. So the photos are of him on his Mt Bike with these sheds. Lets just say you gotta be very careful on that bike ride.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom