OverHeard about the AZ Draw

C

cormanaz

I don't post in this place much anymore, and I didn't look through the posting to find out if it's already been posted, but I had to post this. I over heard from a VERY RELIABLE source (My Source will remain nameless) that the Fall draw here in AZ gave 53% of thier tags to "out of staters". I of course was one of the unlucky and got the shaft. Just thought all the AZ hunters out there might like to know. Keep in mind that I can not confirm this to be 100% True, It's only something I heard. But if it is true, I'm thinking about giving my money to a different state from now on.

I believe that figure is correct for North of the River tags like Strip and Kaibab Premium tags. Last two years have been tough on getting tags in my home state. Nothing for the family last year and NADA for this year. Hope all who drew have a great hunt.......... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

WE ALMOST HAD THE FIRE OUT BETWEEN THE ARIZ. RESIDENT, AND NON RESIDENTS/ PRETTY MUCH FIGURED WE NEED TO STICK TOGATHER/ WERE ALL HUNTERS. DID YOU HAVE TO POUR GAS DIRECTLY INTO THE FLICKERING FLAMES????? THIS DIDN'T REALLY HELP. YD.

Heard direct from G & F that all units North of the Big Ditch were either right at or over 50% of AZ permits going to Non Residents. Heard the same thing for AZ bull elk hunts, though not verified. I would bet the farm that more non-residents got bull elk tags than the people that live here. Can't wait till the cap is back next year. Thank you Harry Reid.

The nonresident draw percentage of those hunts was so high (more than the % of nonresidents applying), because nonresidents have so many more points, due to the 10% cap being on for so many years. While 50% of the tags going to nonresidents is far to high, I feel 10% is too low. 15%-20% seems fair to me. Not sure what will happen, it should be something that does not get anybody upset too much. The 10% cap started the whole mess, and what is in place now is worse. Perhaps it could have all been avoided with a comprimise that is fair to all.

Deer:

1012 12AE, 200 permits, non-residents got 12.5% of the tags.

1013 12A East (late), 50 tags, non-residents got 48% of the tags.

1014 12A West (early), 1000 tags, non-residents got 8 % of those tags.

1015 12A West (late), 175, non-residents got 27% of the tags.

1017 12B, 25 tags, non-residents got 12% of the tags.

1018 12B (late) 65 tags, non-residents got 48% of those tags.

1019 12B West, 125 tags, non-residents got 29% of the tags.

1020 13A, 30 tags, non-residents got 53% of those tags.

1021 13B, 60 tags, non-residents got 57% of those tags.

Early bull elk hunts

3001 Unit 1, 40 tags non-residents got 23% of those tags

3002 Units 3A-3C, 25 tags, non-residents got 44% of those tags.

3003 Unit 3B, 30 tags, non-residents got 20% of those tags.

3004 Unit 4B, 40 tags, non-residents got 0% of the tags.

3005 Unit 6B, 25 tags, non-residents got 8% of those tags.

3006 Unit 10, 50 tags, non-residents got 32% of those tags.

3007 Unit 22N, 30 tags, non-residents got 27$ percent of those tags.

3008 Unit 22S, 30 tags, non-residents got 20% of those tags.

3009 Unit 23N, 20 tags, non-residents got 40% of those tags

and to think I didn't draw. I guess next year I will have to put some folding money in the letter.

and teh amount of folks applying went down by a third approximately from what i have been told. Go figure, anyways I wish we would stay with the paper draw.

Deer applications went DOWN 5.8%, elk applications went DOWN 9.4 %, antelope applications went DOWN 27 %, turkey applications went DOWN 18%, bighorn sheep applications went DOWN 39.7% and buffalo applications went DOWN 86%!

93.2% of all statistics are made up on the spot. This number is actually up .387% from this time last year and if history is any indicator of the uture, we might see this hit 93.5% this time next year.

Gotta go refill my salt shaker now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom