overland lake

mikeg44

my wife and i are going up there for the first time woundering if anybody has any tips or pics thanks

u hunt emm i stuff emm

Take a jacket with you if you are just going for the day. The wind can get vicious up there. The last time I made the hike was last year in August and it actually snowed sideways on my brother and I. No joke. It's a beautiful hike though. Lots of different terrain. You will experience everything from sagebrush to willows to rocks all around you. It can be deceiving. Just when you think that you can't possibly be far away, you round the corner and stare at more switchbacks above you. Enjoy it. Oh, and take a fly rod if you have a couple of hours to waste at the lake.

Wow. That will be a great trip. Definitely a good place to set up a basecamp. You can access tons of country from there. Like I said before, just be prepared for sudden bursts of winter weather. I know we weren't on our little day trip and it wasn't a pleasant experience. There is also a little cabin there with a picnic table (just as FYI).

Was in Overland this last weekend. Was a little disappointed in what I saw up there. The trail in was tore up pretty bad. Lots of traffic into the lake. Even looked like a dirt bike had been quite a ways up the trail. Lots of garbage at the lake blowing around. Picked up what I could fit into my pack but couldn't get it all. I too have a muzzy tag but was a little disappointed in the numbers and quality of bucks I saw in there. Deer numbers seem to be down in there from what I have seen in previous years around this time. With that being said I do plan on setting up camp up in that general area come muzzy season, or at least checking to see how many vehicles are parked at the parking area.

Good luck to you guys in your area 10 hunting adventures. I would be happy to be of any other help for you, PM me with any questions you may still have.

7/17/12

3388dscf1262.jpg

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom