Packgoats

schoolhousegrizz

Very Active Member
Hey there I have three packgoats that I have been hunting with the past several years. No they are not for sale but I would rent them out to trustworthy individuals here on mm for scouting trips or hunting trips if they don't conflict with mine. I have all the gear and everything you need. Send me a PM if you're interested and want to know about pricing, thanks!

Hey there I have three packgoats that I have been hunting with the past several years. No they are not for sale but I would rent them out to trustworthy individuals here on mm for scouting trips or hunting trips if they don't conflict with mine. I have all the gear and everything you need. Send me a PM if you're interested and want to know about pricing, thanks!
where are you located?

I'm intrigued. Can they be transported in a 5.5' bed with a shell?
Is two possible or always 3?
Thanks
You could take two but I would throw the third one in for a cheaper rate just because they need companionship and the one would be left alone. I have access to more Packgoats as well but they are not mine, but I could probably swing something. I have a rack that goes in the back of the truck that you could transport them in. They might be able to fit in that shell but I'm worried they would beat it up. They're all weighing around 200 lb right now. They are nearly full grown but will probably put on a little bit of weight over the next year

They're a mix but 50% Kiko. There's some Alpine and Saanan in there.
1000006822.jpg

You could take two but I would throw the third one in for a cheaper rate just because they need companionship and the one would be left alone. I have access to more Packgoats as well but they are not mine, but I could probably swing something. I have a rack that goes in the back of the truck that you could transport them in. They might be able to fit in that shell but I'm worried they would beat it up. They're all weighing around 200 lb right now. They are nearly full grown but will probably put on a little bit of weight over the next year

I hadn't thought of them bumping against the shell.
80lbs would sure change a deer hunt!

Not for someone who wants to pack out a deer from the backcountry that has a back or knee issue. Or hell, even a 20 something person who wants to preserve their back.
I have seen fully mature goats carry 72 lbs for 11 miles. Mine could not do that yet.

On easy terrain for 5 miles, I would put 50 on mine.

Last edited:
I saw SS walked by earlier and took another crap on this otherwise awesome thread. The mods have since stepped in buried his bowel movement for him, so most of you didn't have to read it. Would be nice if they buried more of his crap for him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom