pan handle moose

T

tradarc

I have a non resident moose tag for 1-4 I know it is not a trophy unit. Just need to find out the timber company(s) that have operation in the area (lighting creek) and what access is like. Also. is it worth the effort to buy a OTC deer tag. I have never killed a white tail, but would like too. I hunt for meat first, but do make a few exceptions depending on tag. The biologist was clueless when i called him.

Lightning crk road is washed out, and wont be repaired for a couple of years. Try Trail crk or Grouse crk.

Very little timber harvest in this unit, Trail creek has the majority of timber harvest.

IF you are hunting after Nov 10th I would grab a deer tag.

This was a trophy Unit Some great bulls have come from that hunt. Wolves have more than taken a toll on the moose, on top of that, the same clueless biologist continues to overharvest year after year. We have pleaded with the Commissioner to reduce tag numbers, he appears to be have no ears.

All that said, you can still find a bull, its just a shame when you know what it was just a few years ago.

Hunt late, have tire chains, and shovel, or snow machine.

Best of luck!!

Trestle Creek puts you at the top of lightning with tons of good hiking trails whatever distance you like. Again big difference in access if your hunting now vs Nov.

Thanks for the info guys. Glad to know lighting is washed as that is where the biologist was pushing me to go. Late season tag

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom