PANASONIC FZ20 DOUBLER/SPOTTING SCOPE

7mmULTRAMAG

JUST BOUGHT A FZ20 REALLY LIKE THE CAMERA.
I WOULD LIKE TO ,KNOW IF ANYBODY HAS USED A DOUBLER OR A
ADAPTER TO HOOK UP TO A SPOTTING SCOPE
THANK YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO TAKING SOME GOOD DEER PICTURES

I think the terminology your looking for is multiplier. They come in like 2x or 3x and so on. I don't have that camera you are speaking of ?Yet? But I know you have made a quality purchase. All I can say just off the cuff is that you will need to disable the image stabilizing feature if and when you get a multiplier and try to use it. I would stay away from the Sony multipliers, They are huge and not really that great. I have a Cannon multiplier that I use on my Sony camera. The first thing you are going to need is an adapter ring. You?ll never get one that fits with out an adapter. It kinda a good thing because it opens the market for the brand you may choose to purchase. I have no idea what you want to photograph that calls for a multiplier, you already have a fantastic lens there with great magnification power. Your quality is going to drop slightly with the use of this and then you are going to loose a good bit more when you disable the image stabilizer. I'd really let the spotting scope idea pass the lose of quality there will be drastic regardless of how grand a scope you might have. If this means any thing? I buy every gizmo on the market for my cameras, my current main camera has half the zoom rate as yours and it's a rare day when I actually use my multiplier. If your needs call for it, then go with a 3 or 4x multiplier. If your just in a position where your feeling the to buy a nice gift for your camera and your looking at options.. Buy a waterproof, crush proof hard case for it, some thing in the line of a Pelican (trade name). Your camera will love you for this and in turn take many wonderful photos for years to come. :)

~Jeff~

look at the 'olympus' tconn 17 teleconverter...doesn't work with a spotting scope, but multiplies your fz by 1.7

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom