Panguitch Lake archery elk?

sludge

I'm looking at the archery hunt for Panguitch Lake. It would be a hunt that I could possibly do weekend scouting trips and then hunt the last two weeks as it is only about a 6/7 hour drive. Anyone have any input on using 9 points on it? Just looking for a good hunt where hopefully it's not too hard to get into elk. I've shot some good elk already and just looking for a hunt where hopefully I can get into some screaming bulls before the end of the season. I've been through the country a bit but am unfamiliar with the units current quality. Thanks in advance.

scouting is pretty worthless on that unit. it did produce some bomber bulls last year but in 09 when i had the tag it was crap there are better units. it can be a tough archery hunt. i would not burn 9 pts on it. i have heard monroe is an awesome archery tag to have

I don't know the Panguitch unit, but "getting into screaming bulls" is not a given in any unit in Utah, given the hunt dates. I hunted the Wasatch this year with my son and at the end the bulls were talking, but not coming in much. That archery hunt is sometimes a crap shoot as far as the rut goes. Good luck, whatever you do.

Ya I spent the day looking at UT elk options to combo with my deer tag and am really disgusted with these BS archery elk season dates. I normally only archery hunt for elk, but I'm not going elk hunting anywhere that early. No way. Utah really threw bowhunters under the bus when they switched to these early Sept. season dates..........like rifle hunters need peak rut bugling to score! Who schemed up these dates???

Littlebighorn,

Thanks for the input. Up to this point while building points I've actually been putting in for the any weapon hunts figuring that if I got lucky and pulled a random tag that I would just hunt with my bow during that season. But looking at all the draw odds, I'll probably have to wait another 10 years to have a decent chance at one of these tags, so I figure it's time to start applying for the archery hunts and hope to hit a good year. Cross the fingers and see I guess.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom