Paunsaugunt Elk

cannonball

Very Active Member
I drew for muzzleloader elk this. I have been down there during the archery deer hunt and the regular rifle deer hunt along with spending quite a bit of time on both the plateau and the lower country during the fall, but never during the muzzleloader hunt.

Is there anyone who would be willing to share information of the elk during the ML hunt down there. I am not expecting much and would even shoot a small bull.

Am I going have a hard time even seeing elk during the season?

My buddy had the tag 3 years ago. We camped up top by the lake, just west of Bryce. We covered lots of ground. THere was alot of elk sign up top on Whiteman Bench. However in the 3 days I was there, never laid eyes on an elk. He didnt want to get off the roads very far ( 350 lb dude) so it was hard. I told him we needed to go spotlight at night and find them. They guys that I talked to said that was what they did to locate them and then go in there in the morning. So after I left, he stayed and did that and found the elk on the Bench, but never got one. I know that I have seen them at the same time lower by Scutampah area. We went down there and saw lots of sign, just never found one. Good luck. Wish I had better news or more help.

I am a terrible elk hunter and have shot one bull with a flintlock. The only time I hunt elk is when I have a waiting period for LE Deer and can't draw for anything else. This is that year. I thank you for that information.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom