Paunsaugunt info

bayside

So, I'm dropping out of the henry's archery pool and more than likely putting in for the paunsaugunt. I have enough points to draw this tag next year. It could potentially take me 25 more years to draw the Henry's and I'm not waiting that long, who know's what the Henry's will be like then anyways. So, I'm curious what kind of bucks I could expect to find on the Paunsaugunt. I didn't see any pictures this year from this unit, and I would be hunting the archery hunt. ANy info or pics would be great. Thanks guys

I bowhunted there a few years ago. Had a blast! PM me with your e-mail address if you want to chat more.

I spent about 14 days hunting on the Pauns this year and it was pretty tough. I saw plenty of good bucks up until all the rain came in a few weeks before the opener. Water was puddled everywhere on the unit and the deer were not moving like we were used to seeing. Anyways I hunted the first nine days of the hunt and shot my buck on day nine. My dad had a tag as well but after a few more trips down we never saw anything that he wanted to shoot. Overall I was very satisfied with the hunt and enjoyed the hell out of it. I think the unit holds great potential and I am extremely happy with my buck but it was probably the biggest buck that we came across during the hunt. Pressure was very low and we covered the entire unit. I know this is a long ways out but if you draw and u need some ideas of where to start I would be more than happy to share some info.
75741134dscn1530.jpg

Wayner

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom