pigs in 6a help

nonet

Ok guys I have never ever done this but I need some help. Due to some bigtime personal issues I haven't had time to scout at all. Can anyone throw me a bone to a good spot to find pigs in the unit!
I promise to never ever hunt there again as I am trying to kill a pig in a new unit every year. I have 13 units under my belt and 6a was the next one but a divorce got in the way of scouting. Any help would be appreciated. pm me if you want and if you want to trade info on another unit especially 19a 20a 20c 17b 18 21 22 36a/c 32 31. Other units I hunted were really tough and wouldn't recommend them but I'm glad they are out of the way!

Thanks Eric

Thanks a million guys! I was a little hesitant to ask for help on the web cause normally people get blasted for asking.. So thank you very much and I will keep you updated as to how I do this weekend..

Shoot straight

Eric

Eric:

Sorry to hear about the divorce..bummer. However, it looks like the boys here have got you lined out in 6A.

Good luck.

Last time we spoke I hadn't got my ML bull in 6A. Well I did find him, he was a brute! How did you do on that early 10 hunt?

Don Martin
AWO

3857don_martin_unit_6a_ml_9-29-2010.jpg

Ok guys I'm back from 2 days in 6a. The hunt was great! Hull, the spot you told me to go it took 5 min to find pigs! However some other guys tried to cut me off and they could see I was sitting right on top of them waiting for the wind to get right. anyways still managed to shoot and MISS at 12 yds. No excuse I guess I just missed. Went to another location and found pigs in 10 min! But they were way to far and across a hellish canyon so I didn't go. So then I went to the spot (I think) where dessertbucks told me to go. 10 min later I'm stalking pigs! Get in tight and the wind swirls and pigs start moving out, so I start woofing and call a few back and take a 14 yard shot and connect! The hit looked good but I waited like we all do. I had a good blood trail for 300 yds or so then it quit. bummer! So I tracked him for another 400 yds on nothing more than tracks and one little spot of blood. He got on to some frozen ground and I lost everything. Big bummer! Did a grid in this nasty canyon unit dark and called it a day. Very depressed! Went back sunday didnt see any pigs in the first spot I looked, then went to get a different angle on the area I hit the pig the day before bingo! pigs! I sneak in on them I have a pig at 20yds and notice some color on him. Its the pig that I hit the day before! Pumped up!! He is acting like nothing happened the day before at all! Super pumped!! I sneak in closer and the wind swirls again. they all start to get a little wild and I start woofing. It worked like a charm on guess who again!? yep. And when he stepped out at 4 yds he sealed his fate and I was one happy and relieved bowhunter. I hate cripple loss and I really thought it happened to me but luck and prayer helped a bunch...

To all you guys that helped me out....THANK YOU... with no time to scout and not much time to hunt, your help got it done for me! If I can ever return the favor just ask....please.... I have now killed a pig in 14 different units!

A pic to follow soon.....

Thanks a million!!
Eric

Good job Eric! Not like you to miss with sharp pointed sticks! Glad you go the same pig. Got photos? Share the glory my friend.

Don Martin
AWO

Sweet story Eric. I will be down in Prescott on Thursday. We should hook up. I will call you.

Cody Webber

"You'll never get a big one if you shoot a little one"

Hey Don, believe me when I say I was shocked when i missed a chip shot at the first pig!! I don't think I can even come up with a lame excuse!! I just missed! LOL.. That is a hell of a bull you got there! How did your oryx hunt go? Never heard... Hopefully things will calm down soon so I can get to the 20c jr pig hunt and help a bunch of kids kill some pigs!! Gimmie a call some time we need to talk about trying to get a unit 8 cleanup going..

Take care
Eric

Don here is the bull we killed on the early ten hunt. We passed him twice during the hunt as we were hunting a much bigger bull. shot this one one the last day... not a bad one for last day, but nothing like we killed last year..
4979sdc10914.jpg

and while Im at it here is the strip buck my buddy killed this year...
1803sdc10658.jpg

Nothing wrong the bull or the buck! Awesome critters. Good job Eric.

Yeah, we're gonna do the Boquillas clean up the third Saturday in June--have to confirm that though--but we ought to see if we can put something together for Unit 8.

Don

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom