PIG'S ON THE KAIBAB

drophorn

Just got off my hunt on the north Kaibab, I would like to point out to all you pig's that leave your trash in your camps and along the roads with your stupid signs. That you give hunters a bad name, when people pull into a camp and see all the water bottles and beer cans that you dumbass's leave behind it is not good!!!!!!! when I was up there for the frist weekend I bet that 75% of the hunters were from out of state and most of the crap that I cleaned up were in YOUR camps! so if you can't clean up after yourself stay out of are state. I got a count on the paper plates that I took off trees and road signs' and the total was 76 plates and 14 cardboard signs. you take the time to put this ##### up so take the time to take it down and haul it out of there!!!! just had to get that off my chest this morning and hope every body had a good hunt except for the PIG'S and you know who you are.

Good to see someone else who really gets ticked off at all the crap left behind! Thanks, Dwayne, for picking up after the slobs --- why is it so hard for people to do the right thing when out enjoying the only outdoors we have?

Lv2hnt

P.S. Other than the trash problem, how was it up there this year?

LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-04 AT 02:20PM (MST)[p]Saw some realy nice deer, couple of four points to far to take a shot at, 70 yards is just a little to far for a good shot, on opening day had a doe tree a bob cat 13 yards to the right of me so I grabed my bow to wack him, he saw me then looked at the doe and made a choice to tangle with the doe so the race was on I think the doe won. shot over the back of a two point one day and a spike on friday so no meat in the frezzer for me this year. But spent ten days up there and had a great time, cleaned four miles of the highway up, we Adopted some miles up there to keep it CLEAN if you know what I mean.

Amen, I usually get back to the truck with more that I left with.

Dont worry, someone else will pick it up for you.

Glad others take an interest in keeping it clean up there also! I love that area and would hate to see it change.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-04 AT 07:14AM (MST)[p]A couple of years ago I followed a truck with Florida license plates up the gut. (the hill just past Big Springs on Rd #422) Unbelievably, the slob driving stopped half way up the hill, in the middle of the road and proceeded to clean out the cab of his pick up. It appeared to be all the trash that he had gathered on his trip out west. Beer cans, Burger King, Micky D's, Taco bell, cigarette packages, napkins and heck only knows what all.
He must have been under the influence because I was parked right behind him while he did the dirty deed. Not knowing what chemical was regulating the dudes decision making process, I decided it best not to confront him. I continued on and reported the incident to the local authorities.
I to generally leave the Mountain with more than I started with.

Iam glad that I am not the only one to take a little pride in the area I hunt!!! I dont live far from the Kaibab and get up there as much as I can, you would not beleive the crap that I find on the road! we go up there three times a year just to clean the highway and I find it hard to beleive that people would thrugh sh## out of there window and not think anything about it, but I guess the old saying goes, when you are raised as a pig you will allways be a pig. Hope every body had a good hunt.

except for
>the PIG'S and you know
>who you are.

unfortunately, I fear the pigs do not know who they are..
and they are not all from out of state either.. some are from out of the country as well. some from out of town and some from next door to each of us..

I saw more trash in one day scouting this year than I have ever in my entire life, prior to Arizona. And it does not all originate within tossing distance of roads...

You should see how bad it is out in NC. At the end of every forest service road there are washers, dryers, microwaves, burned out cars, matresses, lawn mowers, transmissions,car batteries, engines, and bags upion bags of trash just thrown in heaps. This is on Nat Forest land. It is absolutely disgusting. I have lived out here for 3 years now and quit hunting after the first year because it is so bad. The rednecks out here don't seem to mind, after they are done hunting they turn on their headlights and shoot bottles amidst the trash, and wait for their dogs to come back to the truck (the dogs are used to run deer). I have called the sheriff and gave him names of people who have dumped their trash out there (they dump their trash with mail in it and you can plainly read their names and addresses) and he said that they can't do anything, "too hard to prosecute" he said. The people out here are so used to it I don't think it will ever change. When the roads get gated up the "locals" cut down trees to get around the gates. I now only hunt when I can get back to ND, it is truly sad. When I get a chance I'll get some pictures so you guys can see what it is like, you wouldn't believe it.

We did the same thing! Someone (and we know who) left a bunch of crap on 272C. We picked up everything, hauled it home to CA, and are going to dump it on his door step today after work. We just got back from there this weekend (had a good time, by the way). Not only did some of our neighbors leave their trash but some of your locals (from AZ) left an ice chest, table, and other belongings on the side of the 294. I pack out more than I bring in every time I'm in the woods. Just keep in mind it's not only the out-of-state people but some of your locals are guilty as well.

I'm glad to see that there are others besides me that pick up trash it seems that from the amount left behind no one ever does but i know thats not true. First THANKS to all of you that help to keep all our hunt areas clean. Second I was in the Kiabab and saw first hand the problem with the wood cutter camps leaving trash in the forest and painting trails on trees so they wouldn't get lost. They seemed to be mostly from out of state and had no respect the forest some were also cutting live trees. Anyway thanks for letting me vent on the subject.
DT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom