Pinedale-Jackson Moose info

sagefrog

How is the moose populations fairing around Pinedale, Northern Wyoming Range, Hoback Basin, and the Gros Ventre areas? I am getting enough NR points built up to draw a tag in the next year or two in these areas. Have the wolves hammered this country like the Yellowstone boundary units? Are there still good bulls to be had if you hunt hard in most units in the area? When is the peak of the moose rut in that country?

Thanks,
sagefrog

I was lucky to get a tag tag in that area this year. I went on two scouting trips and hunted for five days, we saw 6 wolfs from our ATV and around 40 moose. Had a great hunt and took a 133" 8x9 that was 42" wide. But we only saw one other bull moose, a 2 point. It was the hunt I have dreamed about for 11 years and I would love to do it again givin the chance.

3226064.jpg

I hunted area o5. My camera was fogged up for the first little while so some the pictures were not that great.

Great looking Bull, How was the hunt can you tell us more about it,sounds like it would be a good one.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

CONGRATS, HUNTER, NICE BULL. WE ALWAYS SEEN SEVERAL BULLS IN THE HOBACK AND CLIFF CREEK AREA WHEN HUNTING DEER. HOWEVER, I HAVE NOT HUNTED THERE FOR THE PAST THREE YEARS, NEED TO GET BAKC UP THERE.

I thought that area was great as well. I would love to go back on another hunt in that area. During the summer we went on two scouting trips and each time we found alot of moose but the bulls were just starting to grow their antlers. The hunt was warm and dry and finding moose was pretty hard. We saw 8 cow moose the first day and no other moose until the fourth day and we found 1 cow and a small two point. Finally ran into my bull on the fifth day and was lucky to get him. It was really fun to see some wolfs (not that I like them around) and lots of bear tracks. We even found a few moose sheds as well. I saw more moose in the three trips in that unit than I have found in Utah in my whole life. So it was a real treat to take a great bull and have my family and friends around to help.

Thanks for your input guys.
7531077.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I like the last photo.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I live in Pinedale and the wolves have killed some but there are still a bunch out there. I actually saw five today just driving down the highway and had two run through my front yard last night. I took some video of one a few weeks ago that would be close to fifty wide and had something like 11 X 13 points if i remember right. so they are definitely still here. How many points do you have i think that i'm up to 7. good luck

I had ten points when I drew as a nonresident. When I went to pick up my meat I saw 5 or 6 bull just out side of town. More than we found during the hunt, go figure??

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom