Plans for tomorrow

Starting tonight it'll be like the night before elk opener.

First thing I'll do is "sleep" and by sleep I mean sit in bed all night thinking about elk.

Then I'll get up at 4am and go do my normal workout.
The only issue is my workout will be dogged because I'll be thinking about tags.

Then I'll come in to work around 630 and from 631-1030 (I'll be signed in at 10, but it wont update until 1030) I'll be pressing refresh and drinking coffee.

LMAO.... the Oscars...that's funny stuff.

Name gets called... look of shock on your face. Then emotion takes over as you cry your way to the podium.

"I would like to thank the game and fish for this tag, and the computer system for randomly selecting my application. It's an honor just to apply, let alone be drawn. Thank you to my beautiful wife for allowing me to put in for these hunts... without you it wouldn't be possible. .." hahaha

Haha. This is only my 3rd draw and I already feel like an addict! Good luck guys. I'll be enjoying some good coffee with Iccy when we find out tomorrow hopefully.

So in the past, I thought emails were sent out to ppl who got a tag a day or two before actual results were posted

I'll take a nap this afternoon and stay up for no reason then fall asleep tomorrow morn til late afternoon....and find out where I go this year. LOL
When I got no early e-mail last week,I knew they cleaned up the system. I'm suprised folks trying to apply or change their application after deadlines are not considered persons trying to hack into a Gov. system and treated as such. I'm still suprised folks never file a harvest report and still talk their way in.Maybe that got closed finally too and they will enforce it.
Sorry for the rant,I just hate scofflaws...

I envy those who can monitor their email. The timing of all this is horrible--I'll be standing up in front of a bunch of CFO types in DC making a presentation. Lucky for me there will be a fellow NMer in the back of the room monitoring the situation. As soon as I get the thumbs-up from him I'll be sending everyone either to lunch or an extended break. Just need to concentrate and stay composed enough to not get myself fired, but it's killing me... ;-)

>Haha. This is only my
>3rd draw and I already
>feel like an addict!
>Good luck guys. I'll
>be enjoying some good coffee
>with Iccy when we find
>out tomorrow hopefully.

This will be my third draw too and I am so excited.
I look more forward to this than I do promotion results.

Don't be surprised if I am a little antsy tomorrow when we get coffee!!!!

haha--Camping and Fishing Outfitters? Doesn't quite work if hunting ain't in there somewhere...

I know that feeling! Luckily this year I have tests that I am worried about so I think I may get to escape the nervousness this year!

Just go to work and look when I get home... probably all RED anyway.
Havent drawn a 1st choice in 10 years so I'm hopeing for 3d choice cow tag.LOL
Jack

I have in the past set alarm for midnight to check.... But getting up for work at 4am anyways so not that much difference I will sleep (or try to) tonight. I think it will be just before 10am we find out anything anyways.... And I will be "working" but on checking every 5min.

Hank will be happy with 3d choice deer also... what I really want is Antelope have been putin for a goat tag for 43 years and have drawn once... 20 years ago... would like to go one more time before I'm too old.
Jack

I'd be happy with 2 or 3 choice deer myself hank guess ill just have to buy an elk tag !!! Yikes my wife will probably not be happy

>I'll be happy with 3rd choice
>deer....I got elk back up
>covered.

Jack,
Been 35 yrs for antelope for me,I gave up.NM,CA,UT,AZ no go...
I do get to see them here at home most days,
so that's cool with me.
Good Luck & Good Hunting!

>LMAO.... the Oscars...that's funny stuff.
>
>Name gets called... look of
>shock on your face.
>Then emotion takes over as
>you cry your way to
>the podium.
>
>"I would like to thank the
>game and fish for this
>tag, and the computer system
>for randomly selecting my application.
> It's an honor just
>to apply, let alone be
>drawn. Thank you to
>my beautiful wife for allowing
>me to put in for
>these hunts... without you it
>wouldn't be possible. .."
>hahaha

Now that's funny!!

>How does it work if I
>put in with "CabelasTags" service.
>Do they get the email?
>

I'll be driving home to Sandia Park from Carlsbad tomorrow ...as expected I'll be right between Roswell and Vaughn at 10ish with no service . Oh well, don't think an hour will change red to green. I'll be in the Gila in Sept with or without a tag

Watch the clock....wait for an email...cry for a while then off to find my way to hunt something. Best luck to all!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom