Please Help!

N

nicktoller21

Hey guys, If you have a second could you please take this survey? It is for one of my last college classes and I would appreciate your help. Here is the link to survey, as well as some info about my study. Thank you

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/27987V5

Protocol Title: Are current poaching penalties enough of a deterrent?
Principal Investigator: Nick Toller
Description of Subject Population: Outdoorsmen/women of the Western U.S.
Version Date: 10/28/15

Introduction

Please read this form carefully. The purpose of this form is to provide you with important information about taking part in a research study. If any of the statements or words in this form are unclear, please let us know. We would be happy to answer any questions.

If you have any questions about the research or any portion of this form, please ask us. Taking part in this research study is up to you. If you decide to take part in this research study we will ask you to sign this form. We will give you a copy of the signed form.
The people in charge of this study are Nick Toller and Dr. Robert Morris. Nick Toller can be reached at [email protected] Dr. Morris can be reached at [email protected]. We will refer to this person as the ?researcher? throughout this form.

Why is this study being done?
The purpose of this study is to See how people feel about the current poaching laws, and if consequences were more harsh, a deterrent would be created against poaching.
We are asking you to take part in this study because you are knowledgeable and have experience in the outdoors.

How Will You Keep My Study Records Confidential?
We will keep the records of this study confidential by using information for the study and study only. No information will be shared outside of the study. We will make every effort to keep your records confidential. However, there are times when federal or state law requires the disclosure of your records.

This Doesn't take Rocket Science!

1st Offense:

100,000.00 Fine!

Loss of Hunting Privileges for Life on the Planet Earth!

Confiscation of every Wheeler/Side by Side they Own!

Confiscation of Every Truck & Car they Own!

Confiscation of All Weapons!

Mandatory Loss of ever owning a Gun of any kind for Life!

20 Years in the State Pen without a Chance of Parole!

Mandatory Replacement of Animals Illegally Taken at 25K each!

Loss of Fishing Privileges for Life on Mother Earth!

Loss of any Access to any Public Ground for Life!

Need me to list the Consequences for a 2nd Offense?

You'll Never Stop the BullSshhitt!

But with a 1st Offense as Mentioned above 90% of the BS would Stop!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

The only reason we harvest out of season is because I have to feed the family. No jobs. My orphan kids are hungry. Some of my wives are on a hunger strike and besides venison off of monster Muleys is the best protien a person can eat. Plus, I can sell for cash the cut off antlers at $14 per pound.
Whack,stack,and pack from Colorado City. The proud home of Bobcatt Bessy.

Nicktoller21,

I took your survey. I hope it works out for you.

However I really hope this is not for a statistics course or a wildlife course. The survey and your platform which you are launching here are set up really poorly.

First you are asking people about "poaching" and their feelings regarding a legal matter. The problem is the word "poaching" is very very rarely used in actual law and charges being filed. Therefore you have left it to your survey demographic to decide and define what poaching is to them and that is never addressed within your survey.

Plus you are dealing with one of the few fields of crime that people violate every day unknowingly. Certainly there are "poachers" which knowingly violate game laws at whim but many many of the tickets that get written by game wardens are written to people who don't even know they did anything wrong. We are by far the most heavily regulated outdoor activity in the world and the law books related to our activity are so thick I have arguments and watch arguments between myself and between game wardens over what the law is.

Good luck with college and happy Thanksgiving.

Ontario has declared some animals humane, is that where we are going? we need more wardens, South Dakota has one game warden for 5 counties.

I have poached before. I have shot a duck 3 or 4 minutes before shooting hours when I 1st started hunting. That is considered poaching. I now am pretty strict on the shooting times.

Ya...lets make the penalty for killing a deer out of season more than if you rape and kill someone. Its a deer..elk...whatever. are you kidding me? I personally value human life a little more than some deer. Is it a crime sure.

>This Doesn't take Rocket Science!
>
>1st Offense:
>
>100,000.00 Fine!
>
>Loss of Hunting Privileges for Life
>on the Planet Earth!
>
>Confiscation of every Wheeler/Side by Side
>they Own!
>
>Confiscation of Every Truck & Car
>they Own!
>
>Confiscation of All Weapons!
>
>Mandatory Loss of ever owning a
>Gun of any kind for
>Life!
>
>20 Years in the State Pen
>without a Chance of Parole!
>
>
>Mandatory Replacement of Animals Illegally Taken
>at 25K each!
>
>Loss of Fishing Privileges for Life
>on Mother Earth!
>
>Loss of any Access to any
>Public Ground for Life!
>
>Need me to list the Consequences
>for a 2nd Offense?
>
>You'll Never Stop the BullSshhitt!
>
>But with a 1st Offense as
>Mentioned above 90% of the
>BS would Stop!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Go
>Ahead!
>
>Make Me take it down!
>
>
9001hank2.jpg

>
>

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

>
>Ya...lets make the penalty for killing
>a deer out of season
>more than if you rape
>and kill someone. Its a
>deer..elk...whatever. are you kidding me?
> I personally value human
>life a little more than
>some deer. Is it a
>crime sure.
>
>
>>This Doesn't take Rocket Science!
>>
>>1st Offense:
>>
>>100,000.00 Fine!
>>
>>Loss of Hunting Privileges for Life
>>on the Planet Earth!
>>
>>Confiscation of every Wheeler/Side by Side
>>they Own!
>>
>>Confiscation of Every Truck & Car
>>they Own!
>>
>>Confiscation of All Weapons!
>>
>>Mandatory Loss of ever owning a
>>Gun of any kind for
>>Life!
>>
>>20 Years in the State Pen
>>without a Chance of Parole!
>>
>>
>>Mandatory Replacement of Animals Illegally Taken
>>at 25K each!
>>
>>Loss of Fishing Privileges for Life
>>on Mother Earth!
>>
>>Loss of any Access to any
>>Public Ground for Life!
>>
>>Need me to list the Consequences
>>for a 2nd Offense?
>>
>>You'll Never Stop the BullSshhitt!
>>
>>But with a 1st Offense as
>>Mentioned above 90% of the
>>BS would Stop!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Go
>>Ahead!
>>
>>Make Me take it down!
>>
>>
9001hank2.jpg

>>
>>
>
>
>How to start an argument online:
>
>1. Express an opinion
>2. Wait

So treedagain?

You don't wanna hear about the Consequences for the 2nd Offense?:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

I have a feeling it would be as big of a joke as the 1st one...:)
makes me glad not to live in the basin. Must be something in the water or a small gene pool:)

Done. Hope it helps.
I feel penalties are stiff enough now. I think the presence of more officers and citizens reporting violations more often would do more than stiffer penalties. In 16 years of hunting I have had my permit checked by a ward on twice in utah. I have been on hunting trips to Idaho, Colorado, Wyoming, and Arizona where I on each of these trips I have been checked. Seems to me patrols are more frequent or more involved in other states. I was always told growing up that when you poach you lose everything you used in the taking of that wildlife ie: truck, gun, atv etc. but I have never heard of this actually happening. I think increasing the rewards for those who turn in violators would do a lot to catch and convict poachers.

Tristate, It's for my senior capstone paper. I realize I probably should've adjusted the questions! Thank you and everyone else who has helped me out! I appreciate it

I completed the survey. Kudos for your research efforts, data matters. I looked for places to write responses other than the options you gave. When applied to poaching, the Restorative Justice concept recommends $ remuneration for losses caused by poacher, and community service related to wildlife/habitat, in addition to incarceration, loss of hunting privileges, court costs and other consequences.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom