Point question

seven

LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-14 AT 08:52AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-03-14 AT 08:51?AM (MST)

I'm new to the Colorado system and plan on just applying for points this year. I've been looking through the regs for a while but am still a little fuzzy on a few things. Hopefully some with more wisdom and experience can help me out.

1. If I choose a point for my first choice for deer, for example, I have to pay $354 (NR license fee cost), but get refunded the full amount minus:
$3 processing fee
$10 habitat stamp fee
$25 due to the fact I have not previously purchased 'an annual
fishing, small-game, resident combination small-game and fishing, furbearer, or a big-game license in the previous year;
or a current limited license in the draw'.

So the amount I would be refunded $316 correct? Does that come in the form of a check after the draws take place, or is it automatically refunded to the card used to pay for the purchase?

2. Can you apply for points for more than one species in the same year, or are you limited to one species/year?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I think the point cost will now be $40.00 instead of $25.00. When you fill out your app. there's a box you check for refund and they send you a check after the draw. You can apply for any/all species you want.

As mentioned above, the fee has been increased to $40 this year. Otherwise you have it figured out. You will receive your refund in the form of a check, and you may purchase points for all species.

On the first page of the big game hunting planner at the bottom of the page it says 'all non-resident big game licenses include an annual fishing license.' Is that what you referring to?

Don't think so. Here is what last years brochure said about it:

9. $25 pr eference point fee Hunters
will be automatically assessed $25 for a
preference point unless they have purchased
one of the following: an annual
fishing, small-game, resident combination
small-game and fishing, furbearer, or
a big-game license in the previous year;
or a current limited license in the draw
for the same species for which they seek
a point.
The $25 point fee is also waived for
youths, lifetime license holders, free
senior annual fishing license holders
and Colorado residents who are in the
military on active duty outside Colorado.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

I was wonder if anybody had any advise on a good unit that 10 points would produce a good hunt and mabey a chance at a nice buck.
Thanks,GW

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom