Poodle Pointers / Idaho

S

Smiley

Looking for a good prospect for a friend he is in Pocatelo Boise to SLC area . Anyone to contact anyone to stear clear from?
Thanks

I think there is a guy in the Boise area that has a good line. I think his name is Bob Farris, I think. I met him about 10 years ago and watched his dogs in a test. Ron

+1 on Bob farris cedarwoodgundogs.com
Bob is the real deal, you can't go wrong getting a dog from him.

Thanks guys I believe when I was running bird dogs I hunted with him bout 17 years ago or so. Thanks again

i think he is one of the top breeders in the nation. i was planning on getting one about 5 years ago. called and wanted to check out his facility and dogs. dont know why, but he turned into a real prick on the phone and would not let me come out. have no idea why? so i ended up going the gwp way. i have heard he is very reputable, maybe i caught him on a bad day. regardless, you dont pull that crap, especially in the world of breeding. i would not give the arrogant jerk a red cent. that is just my personal opinion after dealing with him on the phone. like i said, his kennel IS a very reputable one.

My buddy got ahold of him and 1200 $ is a bit steep for his pockets . Any other guys that might have some pups in the area or GWP at this time ?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-03-11 AT 02:16PM (MST)[p]I have a Drahthaar, which is just a fancy GWP. They have a strict breeding program. There are a number of reputable Drahthaar breeder's I would recommend in Idaho but you can do some research through their website: http://www.vdd-gna.org/breeders_gna.php

My dog is great. She is the best family pet ever and loves all my boys to death, but is awesome on Upland, and does very well in the duck blind to boot. I believe they have a lot of what one would look for in a Pudlepointer, except they are not solid brown.

BTW, I did research on Cedarwood and they are the best. If your friend has had many dogs then he knows what he wants and what he should spend, but I would also assume if he is a veteran hunting dog owner he wouldn't fret over a few hundred up front as that is the least of his costs in the long run. It is priceless to know you will get a good dog the first time because all of these little fuzzy faced terrors would be hard to give back!

well after training and handling MANY dogs it is pretty hard to find a piece of junk or an absolute cull . Meaning one that is not workable that will do what you want and need . Temperament and health tend to be the biggest things to watch out for in my opinion. If dogs are coming from a hunting ped ( whether papered or not ) the abilities are there some need more flexible handlers to bring out the best .
1200$ is very pricey for any puppy regardless . Not knocking the guy for asking 1200 nothing wrong with that at all . But that 1200$ does not help that dog have the drive or make up for a handlers abilities or shortcomings .

Thanks all for your help and input.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom