PP for Kids?

Lien2

Very Active Member
Can you get a Preference Point for a young kid that does not have a Hunter Safety card/number? In most of the Western states that I have applied you always need your Social Security number, and a Hunter Safety number. Wondering if there is a way around this to get a point.

Lien2

Wyo states a person must be at least 12 years old by the end of the calendar year in which they apply for a point. No Hunter Safety Anything required for point purchase.
I had the wife and Boy #1 going on their moose pts. before they passed their Safety Course.

rumproast -
Thanks. I just looked in the CO regs and it is the same: "Youths can apply for a preference point if they turn 12 by Dec. 31 of the application year."
I wonder why this is? You'd think the G&F/DOW would want PP $$$ coming in no matter how old the PP buyer was as long as they did not put in an app. for an actual hunt draw.
I guess I have a while to wait, my daughter is 3, my son will be 1 in two weeks.............thought a PP would be a nice little 1st birthday present! :)

Lien2

Lien2!
There are no age restrictions for taking the course in Wyo!
Just getting the licenses!
One, three, what the heck!
Start 'em early, I say!

Rump

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom