PP question

gknutson

If I dont pay the $30 (for antelope pp) with my application fee and I'm unsuccessful on my 1st choice can I then buy a PP this summer at the same time I buy deer and elk PP ? I was clicking through it all really fast and clicked on the cheaper option which was the no PP one. Thanks for your help guys.

Yes, unsuccessful on first choice, rejected or withdrawn applicants can purchase the point in the point purchase period.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-11 AT 08:24AM (MST)[p]Yep, and that's why if you want to draw an easier license in a given year and either keep or start building PPs, that you put in for an impossible first choice unit so you can buy the PP during either period! Some may not realize that even though they draw a tag on a first choice in an area that always has leftover tags, you throw yourself out of being able to buy the PP because they will refund your PP money when you buy it during the application period. If you try to buy one during the summer application period, the computer will recognize that you drew a first choice tag and won't let you do it. In effect, that puts you a year behind in what it takes to draw an area in the future.

gknutson---In case you put in for a unit that is an easy draw on your first choice, you can still go in and do what I mentioned because you have until June 3 to either modify/change your choices and make that a second choice and a difficult one for your first. One of the guys already followed the directions I sent and had no problem doing it! The other way to do it if you want a tag in an easy to draw area is to completely withdraw from the draw by June 3 and then wait until summer and buy it as a leftover tag and also buy the PP during the summer.

Thanks for the tip Topgun. I spent alot of time researching and used the same basic gameplan you outlined. Put in for a more difficult unit (but one we should draw with our pp's) for the first choice and a unit that should be a slam dunk 2nd choice. But you never know how the application numbers will change from year to year. I just wanted to make sure I could still buy a pp this summer if for some odd reason we failed on both choices.

Topgun check your PMs. I dropped you a line.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-09-11 AT 12:03PM (MST)[p]Just saw this and had already sent you a PM back! It's really a shame that some people don't know what they are doing in the draws. I have seen where more than a few people have burned 3 and 4 PPs to draw a tag where there were leftovers every year!!! What a waste of money, but hey, that gets them out of the PP pool!!!

Yeah points seem to take forever to build and one bad move and you have wasted them. Thanks for the help guys.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom