Prime example

mntman

Long Time Member
This guy is the reason we have shed hunting laws. Yes, blah blah blah he had dedication to sit on him for 38 days. No reason to be getting within a few yards of him for no reason though and spooking him. Sit back and watch. When he drops, go get them. Simple.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

Prime example of one unbelievable buck !!!

Thanks for sharing that video :)

Cheers,
Pete

I cant believe that idiot even found those sheds!!!

hornkiller.jpg

When you dont have a job or any responsibilitys it frees you up to be a tool like those guys.

Before you call people dipshits, perhaps you should learn how to spell Jealous..

Whats pathetic is this guy bugging this buck and pushing within 100 yards constantly just to get his sheds.

>Before you call people dipshits, perhaps
>you should learn how to
>spell Jealous..
>
>Whats pathetic is this guy bugging
>this buck and pushing within
>100 yards constantly just to
>get his sheds.

HA ought to change his name to Boner Collektor!

Well with any luck we can find him next season and we can push him past his breaking point so we can pick up a nice dead head. More pics and vieo comming soon!!!!!!

>Well with any luck we can
>find him next season and
>we can push him past
>his breaking point so we
>can pick up a nice
>dead head. More pics and
>vieo comming soon!!!!!!

and now that fish and game knows your name and face.. they will be more than happy to charge you appropriately for harassment of wildlife. Way to Go! you da man!

>>Well with any luck we can
>>find him next season and
>>we can push him past
>>his breaking point so we
>>can pick up a nice
>>dead head. More pics and
>>vieo comming soon!!!!!!
>
>
>and now that fish and game
>knows your name and face..
>they will be more than
>happy to charge you appropriately
>for harassment of wildlife. Way
>to Go! you da man!
>

That is hilarious!

I for one am not jealous, I have better things to do than harrass a buck for 38 days to pick up his antlers. Yes its a monster and I would love to find them but I have other things to accomplish too. Also, like I said orginally, SIT BACK and watch from a DISTANCE then go and pick them up when they fall genius. No reason to be getting with in a few yards just to get your mug shot with a buck. Harrassment of wildlife is all you are doing there approaching for absolutely no reason.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

That deer looks pretty damn content to me. The videographer was doing absolutely nothing wrong, he took some video of a deer, so what. There is a huge difference between harassing and animal and observing it. Had he been pushing the animal and relentlessly pursuing it would be one thing, but it appears he did it in a very respectful manner.

I say "good job", he put in the time, watched a deer until it shed, and snuck it to the area and retreieved the sheds. I wish I had the time to do the same.

>That deer looks pretty damn content
>to me. The videographer was
>doing absolutely nothing wrong, he
>took some video of a
>deer, so what. There is
>a huge difference between harassing
>and animal and observing it.
>Had he been pushing the
>animal and relentlessly pursuing it
>would be one thing, but
>it appears he did it
>in a very respectful manner.
>
>
>I say "good job", he put
>in the time, watched a
>deer until it shed, and
>snuck it to the area
>and retreieved the sheds.
>I wish I had the
>time to do the same.
>
Well said 4x4, It is funny to me the accusations that arise whenever there are larger antlers involved. I do think that it is important to note that this particular buck never ventured roughly quarter mile from where all of this video was shot. And I do honestly believe that my buddy commitment to this deer also is why this deer is still alive. This buck wintered in a very popular Idaho unit where there are deer poached on the winter range every year just for a set of antlers. I am sure that him being in the area kept one or more idiots from shooting this deer out of season. Yes he did one day approach the deer. Did the buck care didn't look like it to me, the unexpected phone call did spook the deer off approx 150 yards but up to that point looked pretty content to me. There were multiple occasions where the deer fed his way to within 20 yards. Why he is so docile I have no idea I do however know that this is probably a once in a lifetime experience I thought was too great not to share.

I am usually on the other side of the fence, but it looks like he didn't do anything unethical. That buck was not the least bit worried about them. Thats a bruiser buck. Congrats to the guy who picked it up.

Now he was PROTECTING the deer....What a bunch of BS.Your buddy obviously has nothing else going on in his life,like a job,family,ect.Good for him I will sleep better at night knowing there are guys like him camped out on every big buck/bull making sure they dont get "lost" or poached.If someone was doing that crap around here the F&G would write you up for wildlife harassment.

Obviously, the F&G doesn't know what harrasment is where you are from then. If he was in a closed area is one thing, but if not, he was well within the law. And as far as the guy not having a "life, job, family , etc", that is the most ignorant, jealous sounding argument anyone can make. Maybe shed hunting is his passion, just because it's not your's doesn't make him a bad guy. How do you know he wasn't with his kids or family? I spend a lot of time (with my kids by the way) and money watching or scouting where the animals are so we can find some nice sheds, places to hunt, whatever. Hunting and the outdoors are my passion, it doesn't mean I don't have a life, that is my life, it's what I priortize. Apparently, this guy does too.
The guy did nothing wrong, except to share some pictures and video with whom he assumed were other big buck enthusiast. I'm sure he will reconsider next time.

Oh please, dont stick up for this guy. It is in fact harassment and you only saw clips of his video that he wanted you to see. I love that now this deer survival hangs in the balance because of poachers and he is the last stand in protecting this buck. SMH

These stupid Jealousy remarks are just that.. stupid and unwarranted. Being jealous of a guy that has nothing better to do than to bug a deer just to pick up his sheds. I'm curious.. he was wearing some big heavy bibs.. in deep snow.. I can guarantee he didnt walk out in that deep snow to get within range of that buck.. likely a snow machine or a side by side with tracks. How many Doe's or other bucks did he push to get to this buck??

I for one hope he shares more video.. that equals more evidence.. Keep posting!! Can't wait to see the next video!!

This is why Idaho needs to re implement the shed hunting season. Out picking up sheds during the most difficult time of year for the deer is asinine.

Maybe some evidence will come up that does show him harrasing the deer, however, until then, nobody has any proof. If any one wacthing the video is convinced that this deer is overstressed by the guys presence, they have a lot of learning to do. Also, he is more than likely wearing bibs because he actually gets out in to the outdoors and understands they are about the warmest thing to wear in cold conditions, unlike some people passing judgement from their armchair. Contrary to what you may believe, the latest fashion by Sitka or some other name brand isn't always the best. I mean come on, he's now guilty because of the clothing he's wearing? How pathetic of an arguement is that? And also, deep snow? Some really people need to get out of the recliner and in the field to observe how animals behave.

>Oh please, dont stick up for
>this guy. It is in
>fact harassment and you only
>saw clips of his video
>that he wanted you to
>see. I love that now
>this deer survival hangs in
>the balance because of poachers
>and he is the last
>stand in protecting this buck.
>SMH
>
>These stupid Jealousy remarks are just
>that.. stupid and unwarranted. Being
>jealous of a guy that
>has nothing better to do
>than to bug a deer
>just to pick up his
>sheds. I'm curious.. he was
>wearing some big heavy bibs..
>in deep snow.. I can
>guarantee he didnt walk out
>in that deep snow to
>get within range of that
>buck.. likely a snow machine
>or a side by side
>with tracks. How many Doe's
>or other bucks did he
>push to get to this
>buck??
>
>I for one hope he shares
>more video.. that equals more
>evidence.. Keep posting!! Can't wait
>to see the next video!!
>
>
>This is why Idaho needs to
>re implement the shed hunting
>season. Out picking up sheds
>during the most difficult time
>of year for the deer
>is asinine.

+1
Very well said.

Its lonely at the top...

This thread is ridiculous.
I see nothing wrong with this video. In fact I see it as an awesome to tribute to an amazing animal that most people would never have the pleasure of seeing otherwise.

Sure they got really close to the buck, but it didn't seem to bother him too much and I'm sure they only did that after weeks of watching him from a distance. I've camped on bucks too, checking on them daily. And if you do it right they will actually start to become comfortable with your presence. I've actually watched bucks raise their head from feeding, acknowledge me and go right back to feeding without a care in the world at less than 75 yards. Never stressed, never spooked, nothing. Wolves, lions, coyotes, chukar hunters, coyote hunters, etc; put a lot more stress on them then I ever did.

Are you actually criticizing him for checking on the buck every day? Seriously? If I had the opportunity to watch a buck like this every day for 38 days I absolutely would; for as many daylight hours as possible each day. Even if there was no opportunity to pick up his sheds; just seeing and filming a buck of this caliber is something you'll never forget.
Chill people, nothing wrong here.
Shed hunting is not a crime

There are definitely better ways to watch an animal during the winter. I would recommend digiscoping next year- that will keep the MM crowd off his back. Incredible buck! Congrats to the guy.

I don't think there is any other quality
so essential to success of any kind as the
quality of perseverance. It overcomes
almost everything, even nature.
-John D. Rockefeller

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom