Primos Hyper LIP ?

W

WVBOWHNTR

I just purchased a Primos Hyper LIP Double w/ Tone Converter cow call. I wanted to learn how to use it so that I can have two effective calls (the other being the Hoochie Mama) for my archery elk hunt in Idaho (Unit 15) in September. So far I have not been able to do much with it. Anyone have any suggestions/comments on using this call? This is the first open-reed call I have used.
Thanks!
-WVBOWHNTR

place your lips on one side and blow and then move to the otherside..works great it is an amazing call

Learn on a diaphram as well so you dont have to mess with a hand held call. I use the ivory palate plate (primos) as well as a few others.
jeff

Practice making two calls at one time. Either of the hyperlip's and your hoochie mama at the same time. Then try a reed and the hoochie mama at the same time.

It will sound like a herd of elk going off. I had 17 cows and calves swarm around me from way down this mountain doing that last year in the middle of a hot afternoon. Most of them walked 5 feet past me, one nearly pissing on my toes. I was thouroghly convinced in the their abilities after that experience.

It takes lots of practice to not chunk one of them though. Particularly the hoochie mama. You can really screach off a bad one with that thing when you are doing a mouth call at the same time.

Cheers,
Pete

LAST EDITED ON Aug-04-04 AT 05:01PM (MST)[p]i use it by placing my upper lip on the top of reed and blow while moving your lip up and down the reed, it will can change pitch and you can do alot of different calls with it.I have had more success with the hyper lip single,both are great.

read my last post on the "hot lips" maybe this will help

I used the hyper lip double last season with a lot of success. We found we had to get really aggressive with it but once the bulls got interested, they really were easy to get to within archery range. I also used the "hoochie mama" along with the hyper lip. It had more or a calming effect on nervous animals, but did the job. I would just experiment with different sounds and different rythm's until you find the one they like..
They are great calls!
a*r

A bad day hunting is better than a Good Day at Work!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom