Problems with Eberlestock customer service?

forkhunter

Does anybody know of problems at Eberlestock? My dad turned a pack in for repair 6 weeks ago and has heard nothing. They are not answering emails and the voicemail says its full.
Any help would be appreciated. All I have heard is good things about their CS, but I am concerned,

Thanks

Not speaking on behalf of Eberlestock, but I know that the last 6 weeks is the show season for anybody in the outdoor business. I would bet that this has something to do with it. Just a thought. But not knowing is frustrating. Hang in there. CDN

I sent mine in to be repaired in OCT got it back in a week they even cleaned and checked everything.
I had a Strap tear out(too much weight) it good to go again.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I have not dealt with the CS but I do know this. When I was trying to buy a pack from them, I never spoke to a human and I left several messages and never received a call back, EVER. I almost didn't buy their pack because of this, but finally I found a guy in Reno who sells Eberlestock packs and I bought it from him. This guy was very nice and actually returned my calls. I expressed my frustration with him and explained to him how I almost didn't buy an Eberlestock. He said they were very busy and it was difficult to anwser everyones calls. This was a year ago this spring. I'm sorry but there is no excuse for not returning a call if your a business person. Like I said they NEVER called me back!!!!!

Just my experience.

Slide

Eberlestock is a small company experiencing growing pains. Glen Eberle and his wife have been at the SHOT show in Florida, and are going to the Elk Camp in Texas.

Eberlestock will stand behind their product 100% but due to the show season, it might take longer than normal.

Ed
www.huntpacks.com
Reno, Nevada

As mentioned, it is show season.

Last year I had some stitching isuses with my J104 and since I was working at the RMEF Elk Camp, Glen just told me to bring it along and he would take care of it. Last day of the show he just gave me a new one instead of fixing the stitch job. Props to Glen from me.

Glen fixed mine and try like the dickens to get it sent back in time for my next hunt, but missed it by a couple of days. He called me back 2 or 3 times to get everything right, so they could fix it and get returned ASAP.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

I ordered their Blue Widow from them last summer just before it was released. It was still in the manufacturing stages. After the posted wait of 6-8 weeks I emailed them on the status and within a couple days had a response. I have no issues with them at all. Like the others have said, it's a busy time of year.

Thanks for your responses. Finally, my Dad sent a family member down to check on its status. I am sorry, but there is no excuse for that kind of service (or lack thereof). I own 2 eberlestock packs and my Dad has one. They have now lost him as a future customer, and if they continue to provide no service on this issue, they probably will lose me too.

I could absolutely live with it being busy and the pack not being repaired. What I can't live with is the complete lack of communication. When a customer tries repeatedly to contact you for weeks and you never respond to let them know what is going on, it does not speak well for your business.\

Thanks again for your responses, both pro and con!

Wow that amazes me... a couple years ago I was getting ready for a Goat hunt and wanted the duffle for my J104, problem was I needed it in 3 days. I talked to Glen and told him my delimma and 2 days later I had it in my hands with no additional shipping fees. He was a real pleasure to work with and he showed a true concern for my request.

I'm a solid supporter,

Coon

I sent in a J-104 a couple of years ago for replacement after it failed just a hour while carrying a folded up tarp. When I talked to Glen I got a song and dance about how he is a small company and its not easy to honor the warranty. Well he only had J-105's at the time so I volunteered to pay the price difference between the 104 and 105 which I did. I also ordered the eberlestock hydration bladder since the camelbacl bladder I had did not fit well in the pack. He kinda chuckled when I oprdered the hydration bladder but I didn't think much of it. Well I got the new pack and the hydration bladder was a worst match up than the camelback bladder. The new bladder drink valve would not even fit through the hole that allows the drinking tube to pass from the pocket to my shoulder strap. I went back to the camelback bladder. I talked to him a second time on the phone about something unrelated and heard the same song and dance about how tough it is to honor the warranty. Well either honor it or quit advertising it! My J-105 has been flawless and I'm very happy with it but Glen needs a little PR lessons in my opinion. fatrooster.

I have had nothing but good things to say about eberlestock, but I will say I also thought the hydration bladder was too big for the bladder pocket.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom