Proper grip?

wyobackcountry

Not looking for a grilling but need some tips on proper hand placement.? I'm having great days out to 60 yards and having some p!$$ poor days as close as 30 yards(as far as grouping and consistency). I shoot a z7 with a torqeless grip but feel and see I'm pulling shots. On my bad days I stop shooting as soon as I notice my shooting is a result of my pulling. I really focus on my form and a consistent anchor point but am having issues, any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Have you tried paper tuning your shots and grip to see if your hand torque might be the cause. I was having troubles with torque too, couldn't get my arrows to paper tune. As soon as my grip changed, everything got better. It paper tuned like a champ, my groups got tighter, and my girlfriend got hotter! j/k on the girlfriend.

If you PM swbuckmaster, he could tell you how your front hand should be on grip down to more detail than you'd like to hear. He's always shooting and he's willing to help from my experience.

Good luck!

>>>---->
For the love of the game

I have only shot through paper a few times but I'm 100% positive that hand torque is my issue! I live in a small community (also a condo complex) so my shooting options are fairly limited, plus the nearest archery shops are close to two hours away. Thanks for your help! I'm planning on heading into town this weekend and will see if I can shoot some shots through paper.
I will send some messages out to a couple of guys if they don't post to my thread, but I figured this topic might help out few more guys than just myself. Thanks again!!!

Are you using a wrist sling? I found that it helped me a lot with torque. Also I think it helps mentally to relax your grip. Also are you rotating your elbow to keep your knuckles@ 45 degrees?

knuckles at 45 degrees and make a fist with your bow hand but not around the bow, so the bow is cradled in the nook of your thumb and your fingers have no chance to grab the bow on your shot. I suggest using a sling to get used to it, but I am comfortable enough now that I dont even use a sling anymore.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom