Punk's First Snowmobile Adventure

slamdunk

Well my first snowmobile adventure didn't quite end like we had planned, but Thank God it wasn't nearly as bad of an outcome as it definitely could have been!
Luckily my wife is an ex military nurse and has seen all kinds of wartime trauma, she handled this thing so amazingly that even the EMT first responders just let her take over at the scene.
I know many of you have experienced broken bones and worse, but for those who still enjoy poking me in the ribs about my incident, he's some pics for cheap entertainment.

Bedside_zps19a389a6.jpg

LegPic_zpsae678d70.jpg

OriginalBreak_zpsf69200c7.jpg

TopBone_zpsf42a95c6.jpg

BottomBone_zps83a9578c.jpg

I could have gone all day without seeing a half-naked dude in bed! haha (where are all the "nice" pics that I come to the campfire to see?)

That break looks everybit as bad as was previously described. Ouch man, that's going to take some time to heal.

Take it easy Slam and "heal up and hair over" quickly!

Zeke

Courious George? What they throw your butt in with the little kids?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

>Courious George? What they throw your
>butt in with the little
>kids?
>
>
>"Courage is being scared to death
>but saddling up anyway."

Well I was crying like a baby so they saw fit to place me in the appropriate room! Lol
The hospital was full, it was all that was left.

Sell the Harley! We don't need to read about you in the end of the local section of the newapaper.

Damn, that x-ray looks like it sure didn't feel good. Nothing worse than being stuck in a hospital. Hope you get out soon.

Hang in there PUNK!

That's gonna Hurt for a day or two!

Keep up on the antibiotics!

(((They Ain't as Good as the Pain Killers,just sayin!:D)))

I've Had Staff Infection by thinking I was Tough!

Found Out I wasn't as Tough as I thought I was!

Get Well Soon!

I've got some older/Slower Machines when you're feelin up to your next Ride!:D:D:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Ouch, That does indeed look painful. How long do they figure you will be in a cast or splint?

Lets see some of those pics of the hot nurses.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-14 AT 06:38PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-14 AT 06:34?PM (MST)

So the 1/2 naked rule doesn't apply to mods? Kidding.. that is a bad break. Be well Slunk.

P/S Do you think they go to Home Depot for the tools & hardware to put you back together? Like DeWalt & gold grabbers?

I bet they do those bastages. Then the charge you like 10K a screw.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

I'd be Surprised if PUNK Doesn't become a Kick Boxer now!

He'll be Tougher/Stronger than ever!:D

[font color="red"]From My Smokin Cherry Red Hot Barrel & My Dead Cold Hands I Shall go down Fighting for American Pride & Rights!
I Know I'm Out Numbered by Pusssies & Brainwashed Democrats that'll Throw Their Hands in the air & I know I can't Lick the U.S. Military by Myself when they Turn on us but I'll make
you one Guarantee,They'll be Enduring a Situation where I Hope to Hell All Americans become True Americans once again & Stand up for their Rights!

Gezzu Lousie ! I am betting a wet nurse and a hot toddie would work about now. If nothing else I bet they have a breast pump you could use! Stay well man!! I don't even want nothing like you got.
Be Well again. Where did you learn how to drive anyway! Rutnbuck

Thanks for the wishes my friends, it definitely helps! There won't be a cast at all do to the titanium rod, it's holding everything together from the inside. Full recovery is estimated at about 6 months, but should be walking on a special boot in three. I ended having to buy the sled, it was totalled. Not sure yet what I'll do with it, but knowing me, I'll rebuild it and climb back on. Only this time I'll drag cinder blocks behind with a chain to use as my governor!! :)

....is the snow mobile OK???

When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small

LAST EDITED ON Jan-09-14 AT 10:34PM (MST)[p]Yeah Slammy - show us some pics of your newly acquired 2009 Ski-Doo "rental" snow machine!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Slam, here's a tip for you:

Next time you fly, get to the airport about a half hour earlier than usual.

"Sir, could you step this way please?"

What's that saying about putting HD back together again, and again and all the Kings men. Those pictures made my leg ache. Get Well soon Buddy.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Glad to see that you are ok! I have that same piece of hardware in my left leg due to an auto accident in August. I am now walking with a cane. Spiral fractures are slow to heal! Good luck in your recovery....
K

Dang Doug! I'm glad your "ok". Although I bet that hurt a bit! 6 months....knowing you, you'll be ready for fall....

Well Slam, I like many of us here, are glad you are gonna be ok, and that it didn't end up criticle. Heal quick.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

Ouch Doug that looks like it hurt, hope you heal up good.
I want to see a picture of the snowmobile.
Were you climbing a steep hill and hit a tree or flying in the flat and hit a rock that you couldn't see? I have wrecked a few snowmobiles but haven't got hurt as bad as you did. If you need help repairing the sled I have some buddies that helped me fix mine, they are pretty good at it and a lot cheaper than the shops.

>Ouch Doug that looks like it
>hurt, hope you heal up
>good.
>I want to see a picture
>of the snowmobile.
> Were you climbing a steep
>hill and hit a tree
>or flying in the flat
>and hit a rock that
>you couldn't see?
>I have wrecked a few
>snowmobiles but haven't got hurt
>as bad as you did.
> If you need help
>repairing the sled I have
>some buddies that helped me
>fix mine, they are pretty
>good at it and a
>lot cheaper than the shops.
>

I was actually on a very flat groomed trail in Island Park Idaho with my wife and kids, we had three machines. We had just left a lodge for lunch and was headed back to our cabin. My oldest daughter flew past me "taunting" me to chase her, which I did. We veered off the groomed trail at high speed entering a huge open flat. For some unknown reason, she decided to make a hard left right in front of me and stop, unaware of my close proximity and speed I was traveling. I had two choices.....hit her broadside and risk hurting all three of us (I had my 8 year old on my machine behind me) or veer to the right towards a small stand of pines.....I chose the pines. Just prior to hitting the tree, I planted my right foot and cranked hard on the steering to go left. This broke my leg but angled our bodies to miss the trees when the sled impacted. Luckily I was the only injury and it was only a leg.....I feel blessed.
As far as the machine goes, they totaled it and I am now the proud owner of a 2009 Ski-Do Summit with a damaged bulk head (chassis) and destroyed clutch, not to mention a few cosmetic plastic pieces. I've been told I can repair it for about $2K, it's valued at around $4500, which they are charging me. The repair costs of labor are what push it into the "totaled" status. Not sure yet what i'll do with it, but I'm leaning towards repair and keep the damn thing.

>>Ouch Doug that looks like it
>>hurt, hope you heal up
>>good.
>>I want to see a picture
>>of the snowmobile.
>> Were you climbing a steep
>>hill and hit a tree
>>or flying in the flat
>>and hit a rock that
>>you couldn't see?
>>I have wrecked a few
>>snowmobiles but haven't got hurt
>>as bad as you did.
>> If you need help
>>repairing the sled I have
>>some buddies that helped me
>>fix mine, they are pretty
>>good at it and a
>>lot cheaper than the shops.
>>
>
>I was actually on a very
>flat groomed trail in Island
>Park Idaho with my wife
>and kids, we had three
>machines. We had just left
>a lodge for lunch and
>was headed back to our
>cabin. My oldest daughter flew
>past me "taunting" me to
>chase her, which I did.
>We veered off the groomed
>trail at high speed entering
>a huge open flat. For
>some unknown reason, she decided
>to make a hard left
>right in front of me
>and stop, unaware of my
>close proximity and speed I
>was traveling. I had two
>choices.....hit her broadside and risk
>hurting all three of us
>(I had my 8 year
>old on my machine behind
>me) or veer to the
>right towards a small stand
>of pines.....I chose the pines.
>Just prior to hitting the
>tree, I planted my right
>foot and cranked hard on
>the steering to go left.
>This broke my leg but
>angled our bodies to miss
>the trees when the sled
>impacted. Luckily I was the
>only injury and it was
>only a leg.....I feel blessed.
>
>As far as the machine goes,
>they totaled it and I
>am now the proud owner
>of a 2009 Ski-Do Summit
>with a damaged bulk head
>(chassis) and destroyed clutch, not
>to mention a few cosmetic
>plastic pieces. I've been told
>I can repair it for
>about $2K, it's valued at
>around $4500, which they are
>charging me. The repair costs
>of labor are what push
>it into the "totaled" status.
>Not sure yet what i'll
>do with it, but I'm
>leaning towards repair and keep
>the damn thing.
>
>

Hell Ya PUNK!

Keep it!

Repair it!

We'll go for a 2nd Ride!:D:D:D

Hope you're doing OK!

I'm definitely not scared to get back on, I have learned the hard way to totally respect them even more.
It wasn't the sleds fault I got hurt, it was my own.
I'll ride with you any time Bess!! :)

Wow Slam that's even scarier than I thought it would be. Glad your kids didn't get hurt.

Man that looks very painful Slammy...

Is it true that it takes two nurses to give you your sponge bath?!

Robb

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom