Question on Nevada

huntnrich

I have a question? I'm a non-resident, do I have to keep buying my hunting license every year so I don't lose my 10 points? I'd like to just put in until I draw without buying anymore points. I'd like to be done. 10 points is enough. I really thought I'd draw again this year. I put in 5 choices, 4 of my choices was muzzleloader deer hunts, still no tag. $1450 dollars invested, still no tag.

I am afraid you are going to have to keep buy the license until you draw. The good ole days of just sending in the application fee are over. Sorry about that.

LAST EDITED ON Jun-10-09 AT 09:03AM (MST)[p]I believe you can put in for the draw without buying a license. You dont get any bonus points. If you fail to put in for 2 consecutive years you loose your bonus points. Someone might want to follow me up on that or go to Nevada Dept of Wildlife. Dont feel bad I have 14 points for Elk and Im a non resident also.

Pooch is correct. If you go 2 consecutive years without buying your license, you will lose your 10 points. I would suggest just buying a license every other year until you draw so you don't lose your points. You definately got to be getting close though. Do you study the draw odds? There has to be units out there that you can draw with 10 points with a muzzleloader.

As a Resident I know that you have to buy a hunting license to get a point, however you don't have to buy a license to apply for a tag. You can click on the tab that says purcase a license only if successful.
I believe that it is the same with a non Resident. But as Pooch said you will loose all you points if you do not apply for 2 consecutive years. If I was you I would call NDOW and double check here is there number, 775-688-1500. They are very helpful and you get a person to talk to and not a recording.

Just a word of caution, from my perspective, on going the every other year buy a license route.
because Nevada squares their bonus points, you will be diminishing your odds substantially when you have over 10 points as you do. If you miss a couple years, and other hunters do not, they will have more points substantially.
ex. 11 points = 121 draw #'s
13 points = 169 draw #'s.

I used to apply my son every year but only buy his license every other year. Thats not a bad plan BUT I have a better one.

Buy the license every year plus apply for antelope, elk and all 3 sheep species. Now that $140.00 license is getting you 6 points instead of 1. You get those points for about $260.00 so $45.00 per point instead of $155.00. And Nevada has great antelope, elk and sheep. You could do goat too, I'm just not a goat fan.

It's like you're buying one lottery ticket and I'm buying 6. Eventually I'll win more lotteries.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom