Quickfletch- (Quickspins,or Twister, or Blazers?)

3Rayz

Looking to fletch some arrows and have decided to go with the Quickfletches, but don't know if I should use Quickspin, Twister, or the Blazer vanes. Anyone ever compared all three of these vanes to each other? Is there really a big differance in POI between these vanes? Should I try to get a helical out of them, or just stick them on as is?

I did a broadhead test with all three a couple years back. I fletched all the arrows with an aggressive helical and shot three arrow groups with each fletching. All three performed very well. The Quickspin produced a slightly tighter group, but the downrange noise was too loud for me.
Since then, I have done the same test with Twister and Blazer vanes a couple more times. The Twister vanes edged out the Blazer vanes in performance, but not by much.
I currently shoot the Twister vanes, but I did not switch until last year. In the past, the Twister vanes had some manufacturing issues. One package would be stiffer and heavier than the next package. It appears these tolerance problems have been addressed and I am seeing great consistency with their product.
If I can find the spreadsheet I used to track the variation between the three products, I will send you a PM.
Good Luck.

Although I have not used the Blazer or Twister QuickFletch, I have used the QuickSpins version exclusively for the last 3 years. They have have been awesome and if you watch your arrow flight, you can see how fast they stabilize the arrow.

As for helical; the QuickSpins (individual fletches, not the QuickFletch) say not to use helical at all. These fletchings have a little lip that already gives enough spin. If you add helical, this is just going to create that much more spin...More spin is not necessarily a good thing at longer ranges as it will cause loss of velocity.

All that aside, I love the ease and function of the QuickSpin QuickFletch. Im sure any choice of the 3 would be great though.

?-ERock-> ?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom