Racist?

Gunnihunter

I just had a thread questioning and condemning U S open borders a being racist. How is that racist? This thread may not see daylight, but it is a leftist sympathetic and supportive site.

I saw nothing wrong with your last thread. I think I may be called racist for what I said on it but I don't really care if I offend anyone at this point in my life.

I had a notification by whoever shut down the thread. It happened fast, the left works fast, no free speech.
I didn't see the previous thread, but I don't think you understand the First Amendment and what free speech really means. The First Amendment reads,

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech..."

There's no "free speech" on somebody else's website. A website owner can limit speech, the government can not. That's why it was perfectly legal for Twitter to ban whomever they want. Likewise, it's legal for Trump to ban people who criticize him from Truth Social... which he has done.

You can dislike the website terms and go somewhere else or start your own competing website (like Truth Social and Parler) but it isn't a Free Speech issue.

In fact, if the government tried to force a website owner to support speech he didn't want to support THAT would be making a law "abridging the freedom of speech" and would be the unconstitutional act... not the other way around.

I didn't see the previous thread, but I don't think you understand the First Amendment and what free speech really means. The First Amendment reads,

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech..."

There's no "free speech" on somebody else's website. A website owner can limit speech, the government can not. That's why it was perfectly legal for Twitter to ban whomever they want. Likewise, it's legal for Trump to ban people who criticize him from Truth Social... which he has done.

You can dislike the website terms and go somewhere else or start your own competing website (like Truth Social and Parler) but it isn't a Free Speech issue.

In fact, if the government tried to force a website owner to support speech he didn't want to support THAT would be making a law "abridging the freedom of speech" and would be the unconstitutional act... not the other way around.
Why is it that when any leftist doesn’t have an answer they bring up Trump. You admit you didn’t see the thread, so you don’t know what you are talking about. It wasn’t there very long. Come up with something better than Trump.

Why is it that when any leftist doesn’t have an answer they bring up Trump. You admit you didn’t see the thread, so you don’t know what you are talking about. It wasn’t there very long. Come up with something better than Trump.
I didn't quote the previous thread, I quoted you on this thread. You said, "the left works fast, no free speech."

I pointed out that you obviously don't understand that there's no such thing as "free speech" on somebody else's website.

The website owner has "free speech" here, you do not. You likely would support your local bar for hanging a "We reserve the right to refuse service to anybody" sign; but somehow think it's different if it's on a website, and when the business owner enforces his rules as he sees fit, you start a new thread claiming you don't have "free speech" when you clearly don't know what that really means.

Then what do you do? You start with the name calling because you don't understand an analogy when one is presented... all you see is a name and thus miss the forest for the trees. SMH

I never attacked you in any way. I never even commented on the substance of any of your posts, I merely commented on your "free speech" claims. Your chosen response rings loud.

Last edited:
I didn't quote the previous thread, I quoted you on this thread. You said, "the left works fast, no free speech."

I pointed out that you obviously don't understand that there's no such thing as "free speech" on somebody else's website.

The website owner has "free speech" here, you do not. You likely would support your local bar for hanging a "We reserve the right to refuse service to anybody" sign; but somehow think it's different if it's on a website, and when the business owner enforces his rules as he sees fit, you start a new thread claiming you don't have "free speech" when you clearly don't know what that really means.

Then what do you do? You start with the name calling because you don't understand an analogy when one is presented... all you see is a name and thus miss the forest for the trees. SMH
Did you mean SMF? At least you didn’t mention Trump?

I wouldn't take being called racist too personal. Now days if you drive a vehicle that's not electric, you're contributing to climate change which makes you racist. Climate change affects minorities the most.

I just had a thread questioning and condemning U S open borders a being racist. How is that racist? This thread may not see daylight, but it is a leftist sympathetic and supportive site.
There were comments in that thread that I felt were inappropriate and what I believe were racist and that’s not what I want on the site.

Some don’t care who they offend, so that’s why I’m here to keep things in check.

In addition, the thread was a political shot, and I don’t want that in the Campfire forum either. We have a political forum for that crap.

“leftist sympathetic and supportive site” :ROFLMAO:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom