Rage 2 vs G5 Striker

bigbull1

Very Active Member
Ok it's down to about three weeks before my muley season opens.

I shoot both the Rage 2 practice tips and the G5 Striker equally good. Both to my knowledge are endorsed and used by some of the best archery hunters in the business. While for me personally I would never use any mechanical on an elk, for a muley I am torn.

Does anybody have imput on either or both broadheads?

Ed
4a537cd1050e3a8b.jpg

www.huntpacks.com

RabidRattleSnake1

I have tried the Montecs but find with my set up they fall off after 40 yards and drop substantially after 55 yards, where the Strikers fly the same as my field points. I am not sure why though.

Ed
4a537cd1050e3a8b.jpg

www.huntpacks.com

Another vote for the striker. I have been shooting G5 heads for 4 years now and have had great success.

}}-SLIVER-->

I thought about switching to the Rage, but after two years of absolutely no complaints from my Strikers...Why? They are about as solid as they get and all have had complete pass throughs.

~ERock

I am a huge fan of the Rage 2 blade, but if you can shoot a fixed head just as well, even at longer distance shots I would stick with that. The best mechanical in the world still has a chance of failure.

I'd go with the Rage. The rage has A LOT bigger wound channel. This alone could make or break it for you on a marginal shot. You say both fly the same so why choose one over the other? My 2 cents is that the Rage does way more damage... but there is a price to pay. Mechanicals have to be hunted with more carefully. You run the risk of premature opening of the head if your not paying attention while stalking or your quiver is not set up specifically for mechanicals. I designed these heads to open on impact, so don't let them impact anything before they hit your intended target. I actually get out my dremel tool and modify the blades on the Rage to be more like the Rocky Mountain Snyper where there's dental bands holding the blades in place. After I modify the blades I'll put some special designed O-rings on the blades that I originally designed for the Snypers. Some guys I know even lock the blades together with extreamly small diameter wire that breaks loose on impact. You can use Nicrome (sp) wire that is used for the fuse on model rocket motors. You can get it at any hobby shop. In the end you need to use what makes you most confident.

G5 all the way. I have been shooting Strikers for 3 years now and love them. They are so flippin' sharp! I was extremely happy all over again last year on my muley buck I killed. My arrow did not even slow down man, and cut a nice big hole on the exit side.....
Just my 02'
redelkarcher>>>----------------->

I have no problem with them droping off. Don't know about the difference between field points and them. I only shoot the Monotec. I don't have time for 3-d so I only shoot broadheads. I am guessing if you go with the rage you will do fine. It seems to be a good broadhead. I just don't like to mess with expandables. If I were hunting out of a blind or tree stand that would be a different story.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom