Ramcat Broadheads

L

lonetree

I'm interested in feedback on these broadheads, good or bad? How do they fly compared to field points? Are they fixed blades? In all the photos I've seen it looks like the blades pivot? How sharp are they out of the box? Practice blades, price, photos, ETC.

I used the ramcats this year and killed my buck and bull with them. The bull was quartering away at 40 yards. The head made a complete pass through and the bull died within sight at 50 yards. The buck was also quartering away at 62 yards. Did not achieve pass-through and the head hit opposing bone. I got to see what the back cut does on this though as it bounced around and nearly severed the heart in half through the thickest part. The buck expired within 40 yards. Blood trails on both were almost instant and very impressive. The blades do pivot on a screw so that they can roll forward if the head does not pass through. In the photo, you will see that the blades had rolled forward on my deer as they cut internally. The heads fly incredibly good and did shoot with my field points. They are extremely sharp right out of the package. I wont be switching any time soon.

P1060163-1.jpg

P1060160.jpg

P1060107-1.jpg

P1060101.jpg

P1060193.jpg

smiley-violent064.gif

+1 on what Darktimber said. They fly same as a field point, very sharp and do some damage. I shot my buck this year with them. He was quartering to me very hard, I hit him right behind the front shoulder and the head lodged in the hindquarter socket. The deer expired within 60 yards, I won't be changing anytime soon, very dependable head.

The only thing I don't like is the short thread. I can only get about 3-3.5 full turns and that's it. You just have to make sure they stay tight and don't loosen up on you..

3773deer_2.jpg

9553deer_4.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom